Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I just ordered a 180 T-Stat and have seen that quit a few have either modded their fans or replaced the unit. Is this necessary?? I live in AZ where 100+ degree days are very common during the year. Right now she runs anywhere from 233-245 degrees with the stock T-Stat, and that sounds really high.. :1zhelp:
Thanks!

·
Administrator
13,064 Posts
No need to replace the fans if they are working. Those temperatures appear to be in line with what you would experience in high ambient temperatures and the stock fan program settings.

What most of us have done is purchased a programmer that allows us to change the fan operating temperature parameters so that they come on sooner (Low Speed & High Speed) so that the engine will run cooler.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What is the programmer? I ordered the 180 t-stat, catch can, CIA, and the diablo intune I-1000.
Thanks for the help!

·
Premium Member
5,718 Posts
You already said it. The Predator, trinity or Intune are the programmers.
Don't do what I did and use a married one.

·
Premium Member
3,499 Posts
Without the tuner to lower the fan-on temperature you mostly would have the same coolant temperatures as with the stock t-stat, especially in city traffic.

·
Administrator
13,064 Posts
Yes, the InTune is one of the programmers we highly recommend for the performance tunes + custom settings that can be downloaded, including changing fan temperature operating parameters.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts