Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which is the brand to buy... Jet?? etc....

Please help fellas?

·
Registered
3,997 Posts
Lots of people like the Motorad one I believe. However, I believe the one I got with my diablo/afe from marylandspeed.com was a Jet. I really don't think you can go wrong though with a certain brand... I would think it would be pretty straight forward.

·
Registered
666 Posts
ok i have read that many have made this mod

whats the gains, pros/ cons i live in upstate NY gets very cold will this affect mpg

thanks for any info

05 300c 31k
superchip

·
Premium Member
10,769 Posts
In general a 180 Tstat will keep your car at about 186 F on the highway, and about the same with a fan mod (or Diablo settings change) for around town. If you are completely stuck in traffic with no flow but the fans, you probably will wind up in the 190s regardless.

If you have a 5.7L with MDS, then in winter months you will need to use autostick for the first few miles to ensure that all cylinders are firing and the coolant reaches 180 F within certain amount of time to prevent a CEL for thermostat rationality.

Keeping the engine cooler means more power (via air density) in each cylinder. Heat soak is the enemy of horse power, and according to Meister, there is about a 10 HP loss for every 10 F above 190 F. If anything it would tend to improve MPG, but probably the effect won't be noticeable. It certainly won't hurt IMO.

·
Premium Member
4,708 Posts

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
when u put a 180 t stat in, what should the fan settings be at, i think mine are at 210 205 sumtin like that....do i keep them at that or need to change them when i put a 180t in?

·
Registered
3,997 Posts
when u put a 180 t stat in, what should the fan settings be at, i think mine are at 210 205 sumtin like that....do i keep them at that or need to change them when i put a 180t in?
With my t-stat I've set my fan settings on the predator to 190. When the fans kick on they seem to bring it back down to about 180 and then they shut off. For me it's the perfect balance of maintaining temperature vs having my fans run constantly.

·
Registered
134 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts