Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 97 Posts

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Nothing to see here, just 2 old guys doing 190 mph on the open desert road going to Bahrain Formula one track for the week end.:sgrin::sgrin::sgrin::sgrin::sgrin::sgrin::sgrin::sgrin::sgrin:...we had so much fun

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just notice how he stops laughing when I passed him doing 190... U should have seen his face looool....never the less, CTSV is a great car....by the way, his car is modified and dyno tuned at 625 hp on the wheels and I managed to pass him every time until he got tired of trying

·
Registered
295 Posts
So your saying you beat him to 190 mph every time ? I would think the V would bemuch faster then the SRT. Def looked fun !!

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Looool...yes every time...I will post my vids once I figure out how to

·
Registered
456 Posts
He does let off the gas. When you pass him, his mph dropped a lot. Did you peg your speedo? Our cars are supposed to be drag limited to about 175 mph.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have the trinity tuned to 190...I will post my vid tonight...bare with me...it was lots of fun and the ctsv is a great car

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
He said that his supercharger heats up over 180 :)

·
Registered
456 Posts
I'm with you on that, if I could afford the V, I would have got a wagon with a stick.

·
Premium Member
6,049 Posts
Soooo your saying your only mods are a trinity with limiter raised and you passed him doing 190mph in a 175-180mph drag limited (not electronic speed limited) car? Not being an ass here but what I saw was a 600+hp V walk you all the way to 190ish, let off to 150ish then after you passed him he mounted back up to 190ish again and walked up on you again. I would love to see the other video as we don't have roads here in the u.s. that we can go that fast for that long and not get arrested or killed by a motorist switching lanes! You must surely have other mods as I just don't see how your car is that much quicker than the drag limited speed of a 4000+lb car with 470hp with simply a trinity canned tune... Awesome video of two gorgeous cars running fast and I loved every second of it, but I feel the title is a little misleading perhaps!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Come on guys, nothing is misleading...the title says racing with my buddy to 190mph...what is misleading here? His car is damn fast.
Please, don't turn this into something's else.

I am trying to upload MY video to photobucket and share, it was all fun and the CTSV is a great car.

Soooo your saying your only mods are a trinity with limiter raised and you passed him doing 190mph in a 175-180mph drag limited (not electronic speed limited) car? Not being an ass here but what I saw was a 600+hp V walk you all the way to 190ish, let off to 150ish then after you passed him he mounted back up to 190ish again and walked up on you again. I would love to see the other video as we don't have roads here in the u.s. that we can go that fast for that long and not get arrested or killed by a motorist switching lanes! You must surely have other mods as I just don't see how your car is that much quicker than the drag limited speed of a 4000+lb car with 470hp with simply a trinity canned tune... Awesome video of two gorgeous cars running fast and I loved every second of it, but I feel the title is a little misleading perhaps!

·
Premium Member
6,049 Posts
Errr.... Did you miss this part... 'Awesome video of two gorgeous cars running fast and I loved every minute of it'. I did enjoy it and have watched it more than once! Wish we could run that hard by me! I am simply stating that I question whether you passed him doing 300KPH or 190MPH as its past the top end speed for the drag efficiency of these cars! Either way you are hauling ass and look to be 170+, just with a trinity I feel 190MPH is a little on the illustrious side of reason. Also you did say in a post that you beat him to 190 everytime.... Based on what I saw I didn't see it. So please don't make out like I am beating up on you here... I'm not... I think its a great video but I just didn't see you beating him to 190 everytime in a drag limited 175ish car... Sorry... No offence intended!

·
Premium Member
6,049 Posts
Also I posted a week or two ago that a I actually pulled my buds R6... I would have bet my life on it... I posted on here and a couple of people said there's no way! I picked up the phone and called him ready to gloat back at those forum members and say 'oh yeah...well...' Didn't happen... He actually said 'dude we were having fun, and you car hauls ass...but I could have dropped a gear and left you if I wanted!'... Not saying you were being misleading so much as sometimes the situation can be!

·
BLOODY ADMENSTRUATOR
12,606 Posts
Thanks for the vid!

Boy you guys have long, flat roads - and a lot of sand!!!

Looks like you and the Caddy pilot where having fun.

Not too sure about the CTS-V's claimed top velocity.

I can say this, The SRT-8 (Gen 1) with ECM tuning, intake and exhaust pretty much hits the wall of air resistance. over 175. It might creep up to just over 280 mph (verified by GPS & Radar as vehicle speedos can be inaccurate at warp speed), if you are brave enough to mount skinny tires . . .

This I know - just can't tell you how I know. :shhh:

·
Premium Member
6,049 Posts
As I already said twice... Awesome videos! Enjoyed them a lot... Nobody said they didn't! But we are car enthusiasts with lots of knowledge about these platforms... Certain things we can accept... Certain things we may question... Either way great vids...

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thank u guys, we had loads of fun. In the first video the ctsv's speedo was showing 300kph....I was not paying any attention to mine....too much adrenalin looooooool.
Glad u all enjoyed the vids.

·
Premium Member
6,049 Posts
Absolutely! Great stuff... always wondered if your roads are slippy or not with all that sand blowing around? They look slippy as hell! Do you feel it moving around at speed on those roads?

·
Have to be odd to be No.1
7,943 Posts
It might creep up to just over 280 mph (verified by GPS & Radar as vehicle speedos can be inaccurate at warp speed), if you are brave enough to mount skinny tires . . .
280 mph?
Did you mean 280 kmh or 180 mph?
Watching those vids makes me think about moving house to a new country.

1 - 20 of 97 Posts