Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So for about 2 months now, my car will shut off. Normally it happens in colder weather, but lately it doesn't care. All lights come on, its starts stopping on its own with rough steering so I put it in nuetral so I can pull into a nieghborhood safely. And about 10 seconds later it will turn right back on like nothing ever happened. Occasionally this will happen and the car won't turn on for minutes and when it does the car says it has no gas, but slowly the gas meter goes back up. I've taken this car to my old job at marathon, they're real good at what they do. They've ran tests, hooked up my car to their obd2 tool under the wheel and in the fcm. We've already replaced a crankshaft position sensor, front control module, fuel pump relay, oil pressure sending switch, ignition switch, and cleaned the throttle body. I have no alarm system, remote start, etc. I mentioned the fuel pump replacement, but I'd rather try small thing before I spend big bucks on a whole new fuel pump. I never top it off, when the gas nozzle stops, I twist the cap back on and leave. Maybe a whole new pcm? camshaft position sensor? I have no idea. My car has 130k on it, but it drives smooth. I'd rather stay away from the dealership, but maybe it's something I have to do.

·
Premium Member
278 Posts
I bought my car brand new and from day 1 every once in a while it turns off. It will go low on the rpm and just turn off. It starts right back up. I am at 130k now and still does it every once in a while. But it only does it when im driving low speeds like >20

While it was under warranty of course I could never ever get it to do it and it threw no codes so I was out of luck diagnosing the problem. I did notice it does it more frequently when I have a diablo tune in

·
Premium Member
278 Posts
I should also add it turns off when I come to a complete stop like 0 mph. the rpm drops and just turns off. Never while in motion.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts