Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1) If I buy a Diablosport tuner to use on my car, I understand it works as a code reader. Will it just read codes on my car? Or can it read codes on the wife's Taurus?

2) What do I need to do to add an auxiliary input on my REC Nav unit? And how does that work?

·
Premium Member
1,405 Posts
I think I can help with #2, look up PAC audio they make an adapter deal, never bought one though as both of the radios I have had in my 300s have had aux ports

·
Registered
1,015 Posts

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Actually I have a diablo predator hooked up to my srt8 with a tune and I can still read codes on any other car and erase them as well

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
I too have heard this but never validated it with an IRL confirmation.

Oh and I believe that aux adapter is just p&p but you will lose either SAT Radio or VES.

·
Premium Member
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I too have heard this but never validated it with an IRL confirmation.

Oh and I believe that aux adapter is just p&p but you will lose either SAT Radio or VES.
So... if I don't have VES, that shouldn't be a problem right?

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
So... if I don't have VES, that shouldn't be a problem right?
Yep. The only time you would have a problem is if you use both VES and SAT radio regularly.

·
Registered
181 Posts
What are you wanting to play through your radio. If it's anything apple related I just installed an interface module that works for me.
PAC Direct iPod Connection Kit
Amazon.com: PAC Direct iPod Connection Kit: Car Electronics
It'll interface with your ipod or Iphone and you can use the buttons on the radio or steering wheel to skip through tracks. I also listen to pandora radio and I'm able to skip tracks in that app also

BUT WAIT, THERE's more
It ALSO has a 2nd set of RCA aux inputs if you want to play a DVD player on it. You can use this input if you're using an andoid phone. You'll just need a mini phono -> RCA cable.

It's easy to install and is completely plug and play.

·
Premium Member
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm looking to plug in my Android phone to the stereo.... I'm really not concerned with controlling Pandora/NPR App with the steering wheel controls other than the volume..

·
Registered
859 Posts
With the iSimple, or PAC (they are both the same) you can plug in your Android phone using the set
of RCA inputs.

As mentioned before, all that would be needed is an adapter cable that has the two RCA red and white
male connectors on one side, and a single 3.5mm stereo male plug on the other. These are only a
few bucks. Then you just plug the 3.5mm male plug into your headphone jack on your phone,
and your playing music!

Or, if you wanted to go completely wireless, you can get a small Bluetooth adapter that plugs into
the ipod connector cable of the iSimple, and you can stream your music to the radio via your Android
phones Bluetooth. Also, with this setup, anyone with music on their device with Bluetooth can do
the same.

The only downside to using the iSimple for Android phones is that you will need a separate charging
cord to charge the phone. The ipod connector cable will only charge ipods and iphones.

I have the iSimple ISCH73 that was linked by body80, and it works great! I can charge
my iphone, play my music that is on the phone, and also use Pandora and a bunch of other free
music apps (like Songza) to play music or listen to news casts.

And the ipod/iphone cable is about 10 or 11 feet long, and can be routed to just about anywhere
in the car. So it makes mounting it a breeze.

And I also have the wireless Bluetooth adapter so my wife can stream her music from her Android
phone and her laptop (when we go on trips and she has to work with her laptop).

And the iSimple it is completely plug and play! You unplug the connectors from the back of your radio, and
then plug in the iSimple. Then you plug in the connector from the radio into the mating connector
of the iSimple, and your done.

Jim

·
Premium Member
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for that good info Jim. I appreciate it.

·
Premium Member
1,405 Posts
My opinion on reviews....be it car parts restaurants whatever

People go out of their way to bitch about stuff. I am sure its 2 to 1 good vs bad. Most people dont take time to get on and put in a good review, people love to bitch and love to get out and complain.

I say give it a shot unless you really want a new headunit anyway

·
Registered
650 Posts
I've been using the iSimple in my car for 2 years now. 1st with the basic 6 disk HU & then with a REC I swapped in. Never had a single problem. I use an iPod, but I like this unit better as it has the option of an Apple hook up & also RCA's to add a line in from any other source.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts