Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1. Has anyone ever washed the car floor mats in a washing machine?
2. For a cool vanilla wat is the best car polish to remove swirls thatbyou can apply by hand?
thank you

·
Administrator
23,436 Posts
1. Has anyone ever washed the car floor mats in a washing machine?
2. For a cool vanilla wat is the best car polish to remove swirls thatbyou can apply by hand?
thank you
Years ago I washed a set from my wife's car. They came out kinda limp. I wouldn't recommend it.

Check out Adam's Polishes for the polish you need. I can't give a testimonial yet cuz I'm waiting for a whole boat load of stuff from them. Should arrive tomorrow. They're supporting vendors here and come with a lot of praise from the corvette forums apparently. Some members here have used their products as well and gave positive reviews.

Bernie

·
Registered
666 Posts
floor mats

I go to the local coin operated presure washer car wash

hang the matts up on the wall and pressure wash the dirt
right out than squiggy off the dirt and water with a ice scraper, you wont belive all the dirt that come out way better than a vacume or steam job

of course they will need to dry but will keep there shape

·
Registered
457 Posts
I go to the local coin operated presure washer car wash

hang the matts up on the wall and pressure wash the dirt
right out than squiggy off the dirt and water with a ice scraper, you wont belive all the dirt that come out way better than a vacume or steam job

of course they will need to dry but will keep there shape
I have done the same thing ant it works very well use the soap but dont use the wax :nono: and rinse very well let hang dry. you will be surprised.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I would recommend the car wash......might want to use your own soap/water and scrub them first then rinse.

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
I can tell you one polish not to use is TURTLE WAX ICE POLISH.I used it on the car Thursday and it leaves a bad film.And on using a clay bar, I could be wrong but I think the clay bar does not remove swirls.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts