Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of you who have a 300C srt-8 with the kicker system.... can you still use the SRT trunk mat? I've seen the trunk mat's shape and will the right edge fit under the kicker speaker or is there a trunk mat made especially for trunks with the kicker? Also will the cargo netting that comes with the car work with the kicker installed? I'm leaning toward getting the kicker and just wanted to check a couple of things out first. Thanks....

·
Premium Member
2,382 Posts
Mr. Redbird said:
For those of you who have a 300C srt-8 with the kicker system.... can you still use the SRT trunk mat? I've seen the trunk mat's shape and will the right edge fit under the kicker speaker or is there a trunk mat made especially for trunks with the kicker? Also will the cargo netting that comes with the car work with the kicker installed? I'm leaning toward getting the kicker and just wanted to check a couple of things out first. Thanks....
I have the trunk mat and it fits the entire bottom of the trunk floor. I know the kicker has to be installed in the car, so it can be un-installed. Aren't I a smart a** this AM,lol. Then lay the trunk mat in. Then re-install the kicker. It will probably wedge the carpet in there, but should also help keep the mat from moving around,lol. Plus it will be that much less of the carpet you have to vaccumm/clean. lol.

Cargo net, I don't need no stinkin' cargo net. If you want a second one, let me know. All you have to pay is shipping. I never installed it. lol

·
Premium Member
2,239 Posts
Mr. Redbird said:
I can't comment on the trunk mat, but I can tell you that if you remove the kicker sub (one or 2 wing nuts if I remember right.....) the anchor point to attatch the net is still there behind the sub. On my dad's SRT8 we just attatched a small chain to that with a loop on the end, so it extends out past the sub, then re-installed the sub. My brother actually did it, that's why I don't remember exactly how it was secured, but it took him about 5 minutes.

·
Registered
226 Posts
I have the kicker and I also have the trunk mat. It will not fit under the sub. You can do the uninstall / re-install as discussed or just fold it under the trunk well lid. (that's what I did) I fear that if you put it under the sub you'll lose access to the trunk well.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Cargo Mat: I unbolted and removed the subwoofer, positioned the SRT8 cargo mat, and then replaced the subwoofer.

Cargo Net: While the subwoofer was out I used zip ties to attach the cargo net to the existing attachment points.

This entire procedure (install cargo net & cargo mat) took approximately 30 minutes. Let me know if anyone would like to see a picture of the finished product.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I just got the SRT the other day, the carpet i have fits perfecty in the space around the wheel wells and has no past that sticks up because of the sub, let me know if you want a picture

about the cargo net i was wondering about that too...

·
Registered
709 Posts
NERVOUS said:
Cargo Mat: I unbolted and removed the subwoofer, positioned the SRT8 cargo mat, and then replaced the subwoofer.

Cargo Net: While the subwoofer was out I used zip ties to attach the cargo net to the existing attachment points.

This entire procedure (install cargo net & cargo mat) took approximately 30 minutes. Let me know if anyone would like to see a picture of the finished product.

PIX please...

·
Registered
625 Posts
Me Too

I have the SRT-8 with the trunk mat and the cargo net.

For the trunk mat I simply folded that side of the mat under itself and made a crease. It fits perectly and looks great. If you put it under the subwoofer how will you access the basement?

For the cargo net. I picked up a pack of Mini Bungee cords at Ace hardware. I took the sub out, hooked the mini bungees to the correct spots and reinstalled the sub. Now I hook up the cargo net only when needed. Otherwise It just stays in the basement.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts