Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
From general info forum on bramptonassembly.com -

http://www.bramptonassembly.com/board/viewtopic.php?t=881

"We built 2 300 SRT8's this morning. I asked two different engineers and they said they are for customer orders. ( volume production )

The first VIN# is 2C3AA73WX5H627497

The second VIN# is 2B3LA73W36H100117

If anyone owns these congratulations, they had quite an audience following them!"

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
He didn't list which year(s). Unless by mistake, you mean that no '06s should have been built?

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Johnny Vig said:
Good catch rt4. The eighth digit from the left is a 6, which means it is an '06. Dan double check the vins. Thx.
I cut and pasted that right from the forum, Johnny.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Wtf, Why

Dude I know jack crap about how car companies work! Now this whole 05, 06 crap with the SRT-8 just has me all upside down.

It's like they will only make 1,000 or less 05ers and the rest are 06ers. If one of us gets a 05 on this forum I wan't to shake his or her hand. That thing is going to be so rare.

I'm sure someone will explain this to me, but how often does a 05 and 06 of any car model or make from the same building plant roll out right next to each other off the same assembly line and possibly go on the same truck to the same dealership on the same day and both go on sale the same day as totaly new!

This is too much for me. Does this kind of stuff happen all the time with other car make or is it some Chrysler propaganda stuff, someone please explain this process to me! :confused:

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
First300COwner said:
Dude I know jack crap about how car companies work! Now this whole 05, 06 crap with the SRT-8 just has me all upside down.

It's like they will only make 1,000 or less 05ers and the rest are 06ers. If one of us gets a 05 on this forum I wan't to shake his or her hand. That thing is going to be so rare.

I'm sure someone will explain this to me, but how often does a 05 and 06 of any car model or make from the same building plant roll out right next to each other off the same assembly line and possibly go on the same truck to the same dealership on the same day and both go on sale the same day as totaly new!

This is too much for me. Does this kind of stuff happen all the time with other car make or is it some Chrysler propaganda stuff, someone please explain this process to me! :confused:
I'm with you. Hopefully in a few months we'll all be able to read back through all of this and have a good laugh.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hey Dan - if you know . . .

Are they just building SRT-8s now or are these 2 mixed in with other 300s on the same line?

·
Banned
1,300 Posts
Oh sure Dan. Steal my thunder!!
There does seem to be an issue with that second VIN. But we know at least one '05 production SRT-8 exists. Now - will either of ours actually be built? Good luck to you and anyone else who also has an '05 VIN.

·
Banned
1,300 Posts
rrucker - those were the only SRT-8's built today. I'm told to expect 3-4 per day, but we'll have a better handle by week's end.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
JMatt said:
Oh sure Dan. Steal my thunder!!
There does seem to be an issue with that second VIN. But we know at least one '05 production SRT-8 exists. Now - will either of ours actually be built? Good luck to you and anyone else who also has an '05 VIN.
Sorry 'bout that. :p

If it makes you feel any better, I'm nowhere near having a VIN. Still in BX. :(

Best of luck!!!

·
Registered
322 Posts
Txesquire said:
In case anyone is interested here is a link to a free VIN decoder:

http://www.analogx.com/contents/vinview.htm

You can track the differences between the 05 Chrysler and 06 Dodge that came off the line today.

That site could not even ID the make or manufactuer of my Lincoln Navi. All it had info on was that it was built in North America. Not very helpful for me..oh well.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Don't get your hopes up. The SRT's being produced now are apparently for testing and special events like Canadian & New York auto shows

·
Banned
1,300 Posts
And your source for that information is . . . . . ?
north49guy said:
Don't get your hopes up. The SRT's being produced now are apparently for testing and special events like Canadian & New York auto shows

·
Registered
63 Posts
Has anyone successfully decoded the VINs? Has there been any further discussion on bramptonassembly?
If there are no major changes, an '06 will roll right off after an '05, we got 03/04 Neons on the same truck once.
Finally, the pre-production SRT-8s were most likely built a while ago. Wanna cry?.... all pre-production cars are destroyed, torn to pieces. So that SRT-8 on the show circuit will be demolished :(
RT

·
Registered
436 Posts
$h!+ happens.......................things change.............

Dan SS2471 said:
I'm with you. Hopefully in a few months we'll all be able to read back through all of this and have a good laugh.
I don't know if that was a kick in the head to me to wake up or you were agreeing LOL :D But with the rumors going around a handful of us have 2005 order slips with expected dates of completion. There is a 50/50 those 05's will turn into 06's. If its true what North4guy is saying this supports the mystery even more. :confused:

north49guy said:
Will the normal public ever get their 05's delivered or will the dealerships play off that the 05's never existed and they were told one thing and Chrysler just recently told them another and quickly replace the 5 with a 6 as if no harm was done.

I will say again Jane Doe and John Doe are going to pick up there rides on the same day and one will get a 05 another will get a 06. No difference they were built the same day, just the numbers change. That's some rare stuff right there, boy would I like one of those 05's if I could have one. :confused:

·
Registered
116 Posts
why would you even WANT an '05?

FYI - all the anticipation of early order placers on here getting an '05 will likely end in disappointment as it'll be renumbered an '06 at the factory even if your order sheet, von or even vin is showing '05 for status.. though I don't know WHY anyone would be disappointed to get an '05 as it seems some people might. As well, all SRT-8's will also have the gas guzzler tax and no one will squeak by without it like they thought earlier on (just as discussed in other threads - the government doesn't care about arbitrary model year "cut-off" dates set by Chrysler - they want their money), so I don't know why anyone would celebrate that they have an '05 other than to own a car considered 'one year older' than an '06 when it comes time to trade-in. Also, no one beyond a momentary thread in some forum somewhere (i.e. here) will care that your SRT-8 came in an '05 ... beyond that, no one will care for the next 25 years that your SRT-8 was an '05.. Beyond 25 years from now MAYBE some collector will care that your '05 was a "one of a few" and lay down a few more sheckels than you laid out 25 years before..

I just can't see any upside to receiving an '05 .. but i've got an open mind..

from a fellow SRT-8 soon-to-be-owner,

·
Registered
436 Posts
Don't know if that was for me or them but thumbs up anyway LOL

joeSRT8 said:
FYI - all the 2005's you guys think you are getting will be 2006's by the time they show up at your local dealer.. ALL SRT-8's will have the gas guzzler tax, so I don't know why anyone would celebrate they have an '05 other than to be a moron when it comes time to trade-in and you have a car a year older than the next guy trading in an '06 ... Also, no one beyond a momentary thread in some forum somewhere (here) will care that your SRT-8 came in an '05 ... beyond that, no one will care for the next 25 years that your SRT-8 was an '05.. Beyond 25 years from now MAYBE some retard collector will care that your '05 was a "one of a few" and lay down a few more sheckels that you laid out 25 years before..

STFU with all the speculation and hullaballoo about '05's and enjoy your '06 when it comes.. its starting to get annoying...

from a fellow SRT-8 soon-to-be-owner,

THANKS
I dont know if Joe was trying to support me on this one or telling ME to STFU. But anyway Joe finally said what I wanted to say but in his own way. I don't think anyone will ever see a 05' SRT-8. I personally feel the 05' idea doesn't make any sense and was just some manufactuer error. :)

1 - 20 of 35 Posts