Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Total newb question. I am looking for a new wheel and there are so many things to consider.

I have one in mind with a 20 offset, staggered set.

I don't want my wheels to stick out beyond fender wells. Since I don't understand the offeset all that well, will the 20 off set push the wheels out, or push them in? Stock is something like 15, right?

Thanks,

greg

·
Registered
697 Posts
We need a bit more info on the wheel dimensions. As far as width and offsets. I'm sure they have different offsets for front and rear. To answer your question, Higher offset= pushed in. Less offset= pushed out.

·
Banned
775 Posts
if your going too go staggerd, go with a 15 front and a 20 rear, look at my pics and you can see IT DOESNT STICK OUT!

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
We need a bit more info on the wheel dimensions. As far as width and offsets. I'm sure they have different offsets for front and rear. To answer your question, Higher offset= pushed in. Less offset= pushed out.
So I had it backwards...thanks much for the info.

The wheel sizes are 22/9 in the front, and 22/10 in the rear. I am hoping to be able to put a 295 tire in the rear.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
if your going too go staggerd, go with a 15 front and a 20 rear, look at my pics and you can see IT DOESNT STICK OUT!
Thanks for this post too. BTW, your ride looks great.

The wheel sizes I plan on are the same as yours. However, I don't plan on such an aggressive drop. The wheels will not be tucked in. I only want about a 1.5 inch drop. I don't want to have to worry about geting the fenders rolled and such. Yet, I want to remove as much wheel well/tire space as possible without rubbing. Does this make sense?

Thanks again,

greg

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Here's the exact description of the wheel I am looking at on ebay. Apparently, its a 20 offset all the way around...so the fronts will be more pushed in than on your vehicle.

Tell me if you think this'll work:

BRAND NEW SET OF FOUR EX1 WHEELS SIZES 22X9FR ( 1" 1/2 FRONT LIP) & 22X10.5RR (4"1/2 REAR HUGE LIP) OFFSET 20 BOLT PATTERN 5X115 FINISHES SILVER FACECUT WITH BLK CENTER HIGH POLISH LIP FITS 300C CHARGER MAGNUM & SRT ARE WELCOME THANKS var ebayItemID = '380022869844';var ebayItemRevisionTime = '0';var ebayAskSellerURL = 'http://contact.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ShowCoreAskSellerQuestion&requested=redlineeuropean&iid=380022869844&redirect=0&SSPageName=PageAskSellerQuestion_VI';var sUrl = "http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItemDesc&s2=1";
Here's the ebay link: eBay Motors: 22" EX1 CHRYSLER 300C DODGE CHARGER MAGNUM WHEELS RIMS (item 380022869844 end time May-09-08 10:39:49 PDT)

I have a silver 300...do you think these wheels, with the machined metal finish will look allright on my silver 300c? There's a lot of chrome on my car (came that way stock), and I am concerned the machined face of the wheels will not look right.

Thank for your input,

greg

·
Premium Member
2,648 Posts
Hey, Wheel Guy, that is not enough information? The offset is dependent upon wheel width.

I have 20x8.5 et20 and I think they stick out too far. Kicks up to much road debris on paint.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey, Wheel Guy, that is not enough information? The offset is dependent upon wheel width.

I have 20x8.5 et20 and I think they stick out too far. Kicks up to much road debris on paint.
Do the wheels stick out beyond the fender well? That is my main concern. And are you talking about the fronts or the rear?

·
Premium Member
2,648 Posts
Do the wheels stick out beyond the fender well? That is my main concern. And are you talking about the fronts or the rear?
They stick out front and rear just a little. I like my rims completely inside the wheel wells. I want to know the offset of the 20x8 rims used on the SRT Design Package.

going from OEM 18x7.5 et24 to 20x8.5 et20 you get:

The clearance from stut housing to the inside of the wheel will be 9mm LESS
The outside edge of the wheel will EXTEND an extra 17mm

from - Wheel Offset Calculator

·
Registered
138 Posts
They stick out front and rear just a little. I like my rims completely inside the wheel wells. I want to know the offset of the 20x8 rims used on the SRT Design Package.

going from OEM 18x7.5 et24 to 20x8.5 et20 you get:

The clearance from stut housing to the inside of the wheel will be 9mm LESS
The outside edge of the wheel will EXTEND an extra 17mm

from - Wheel Offset Calculator
But if we go any further than 24mm in, don't we (300C owners) have the scraping issue? (ex: going from our OEM 18" to SRT 20")

1 - 11 of 11 Posts