1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Holiday Sale On These Wheel/Tire Packages
Mopar Supercenter is proud to announce Tire / Wheel Packages

For the Dodge Magnum and Chrysler 300 Vehicles

These wheels are derived by the aircraft wheel industry and Formula 1 racing, these forged series wheels are built with the latest in wheel technology. The results are phenomenal! We have available four (4) different 20" wheels, to provide a wheel and tire package that weighs up to 12 pounds lighter than the original equipment wheel tire package found on the Magnum and 300 cars. By engineering a lighter and stronger wheel that enhance the look of your Dodge Magnum or Chrysler 300 without comprimising the ride comfort or performance of the vehicle. These Forged wheels go through the same rigorous testing as original equipment wheels by an independant OEM certified testing agency before being released. Using the finest materials and the latest technology to create premium-forged wheels. These wheels begin as a solid cylinder of 6061-T6 aircraft aluminum, which is compressed with 4,000 tons of force to create a wheel blank. This process produces a wheel that is stronger and lighter than any 20" cast wheel. Each wheel is then put into a CNC machine, where the design of the face is eloquently milled to perfection. Once the design of the wheel is completed, it is then polished and triple chrome plated to attain that mirror like finish. Then Toyo Proxy ST tires are then mounted, filled with Nitrogen, and road force balance for the perfect ride quality. The package of four (4) wheels, four (4) Toyo 255/45r20 Ultra High Performance Tires, and a set of theft deterrent lug nuts are included with free shipping on the whole package.​

Contact Mopar Supercenter to place your order today!!!​
Sale Price good thru December 31 is $2250.00

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Some Tech Spec's

These wheels are 20"x8.5" (20x8.5)

The Bolt Pattern is 5 hole on a 115mm (5x115mm)

The offset is 27mm for proper clearance.

Post any questions below and I will update this one post, that way it is all in one spot.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Will the wheels fit with 275/40 20" tires?
I'm assuming the largest on the front is 275/40.
What is the largest tire that will fit on the rear?

·
Premium Member
1,431 Posts
A 275 width tire will fit on a 8.5" rim but with that et27 offset it "may" not fit up front. A test fit would be needed. The OEM wheel is 18x7.5 et24 and with the upgrade to 20x8.5 et27 rims you lose 16mm of clearance on the inside. That may be a very close fit.

The upcoming 300C SRT-8 will use these sizes on soon to be build Goodyear Eagle F1 Supercar tires on a 20x9" rim:

245/45/20 front
255/45/20 rear

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Correction to the offset post.

Stamped on the back of the rim it states +21mm offset. These are also directional tires monted on these rims. I will get some actual photos up soon.

·
Premium Member
1,431 Posts
Thanks for the correction Ted. I thought that et27 pushed the rim inward a little too much. So that makes my above estimate for reduced inside clearance only 10mm.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
FZ16 mounted on a base model 300.

Before wheel / tire change

The wheels & tires (Directional Tires)

The new wheel / tire package mounted

The front suspension bolt clearance with new tires.

Now the ride this new wheel/tire package created, was definetely noticable. Not a harsh ride, be a little stiffer. The car does not seem as spongy as it did before we changed them. Sorry about my crappy pictures, but I hope this helps some of you.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Hi everyone, this is my first post here. You guys are a ton of help! Definitely made some of my aesthetic decisions really easy. I am posting in this thread because I have some useful information regarding these wheels. I have these wheels (FZ6) from MC2ning. I also have my car lowered with the Eibach spring kit. I will take some pictures tomorrow and post them here. The bolt doesn't get any closer to the tire when you lower it, something about a fixed point or something, it moves with the tire. Anyways, pictures tomorrow.

BTW It is a Black 300C with all options except protection, smokers, nav. I have blacked out tail lights, Borla Exhaust, 20% tint in back and 35% tint up front. Grill is painted like the Dub one (Black with just chrome showing), FZ6 20" wheels with 255-45-20 Nitto Tires and Eibach lowering springs (1.6")

Cant wait to post pics tomorrow.
:D
-Chris

·
Premium Member
829 Posts
Black Hemi said:
Cant wait to post pics tomorrow.
:D
-Chris
Can't wait to see them. Thanks Chris, and welcome aboard.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Like the tire / wheel package ... BUT would like wider tires front and rear.

I find my 300c rear wheels slipping on a regular basis and the ESP attempts to kick in. My gut tells me that the ESP and engine torque are likely fighting each other at some point.

Ideally, 275 upfront and 305 rear ... At least 275 rear.

Any chance you will be able to confirm if this combo will support 275?

·
Premium Member
1,431 Posts
300c Owner said:
Like the tire / wheel package ... BUT would like wider tires front and rear.

I find my 300c rear wheels slipping on a regular basis and the ESP attempts to kick in. My gut tells me that the ESP and engine torque are likely fighting each other at some point.

Ideally, 275 upfront and 305 rear ... At least 275 rear.

Any chance you will be able to confirm if this combo will support 275?
What tire is giving you rear slippage? I hope you are not referring to the stock rubber? If So, surely you did not expect any real performance or sticky grip from the OEM Continental which is a touring tire designed for high miles, comfort and less noise? :confused:

If you upgrade to 275 front and 305 rear it is purely by personal choice and not a necessity for performance as you are stating. There are plenty of high performance cars on the market with much more HP and torque that does not need anything wider than 245 front and 275 rear, namely every AMG car and some with 604 HP and 738 ft lbs like the CL65 AMG with a conservative 0-60 time of 4.2 seconds.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I don't think a wider tire would work well, at least with this offset. As it stands now, the clearance between the tire sidewall and the knuckle is about just enough to get my finger in between them. That should be enough for any sidewall deflection, and a wider tire could rub the side of the knuckle. These tires turned out being about 3/4 of an inch taller than the 18" originals, and about 1 1/2" taller than the 17" originals. We had to hook up the scan tool and select the 18" tires to correct the speedometer, a 5 minute job. We then tested it on a 10 mile section and ran the formula, speedometer was right on. Again, I can't state how much better the ride seems, much more responsive, and not nearly as spongy. I think for a direct bolt on, no modifications needed, this was a good tire/wheel choice for us. Note, no grinding or drilling, bolt pattern is exact, and hubcentric for stability.

·
Registered
148 Posts
E55:
Your opinion is a little confrontational.
For the record, 500 hp, 11" slicks will spin if not on prepared drag strip with glue to get a good launch. Straight from last years IHRA Bracket Racing Champion.
Sugguestion ... choose your words a little more appropriately so as not offend.
Ultimately, any car with more than 4 wheels, engine and a seat is for personal reasons / choice.
For the record original tires ... slip ... 275's would likely also slip ... the slippage causes the ESP to kickin and then the conflict of brakes with engine torque goes to waist. All this is in Canada where the road surface is always several degrees cooler than southern areas.
In summary, tire size is a subjective.

·
Premium Member
1,431 Posts
There is nothing wrong with being direct and to the point and backing it up with some real usable information is helpful to everyone. Regardless of the Drag Racing analogy, which will not help select a proper tire for a 300C, no one should expect Maximum Performance traction and grip from a narrow OEM touring tire. :D

·
Registered
4 Posts
More pics from back and side?

FZ16 mounted on a base model 300.

Before wheel / tire change

The wheels & tires (Directional Tires)

The new wheel / tire package mounted

The front suspension bolt clearance with new tires.

Now the ride this new wheel/tire package created, was definetely noticable. Not a harsh ride, be a little stiffer. The car does not seem as spongy as it did before we changed them. Sorry about my crappy pictures, but I hope this helps some of you.

Would it be possible to get some more pics from the back and along the side? I'd like to see how far out the wheel / tire combo fills the wheel arch. I love the look and am having a hard time making a decision on which wheel / tire combo to pick. Thanks in advance for the great info!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts