1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Holiday Sale On These Wheel/Tire Packages
Mopar Supercenter is proud to announce Tire / Wheel Packages

For the Dodge Magnum and Chrysler 300 Vehicles

These wheels are derived by the aircraft wheel industry and Formula 1 racing, these forged series wheels are built with the latest in wheel technology. The results are phenomenal! We have available four (4) different 20" wheels, to provide a wheel and tire package that weighs up to 12 pounds lighter than the original equipment wheel tire package found on the Magnum and 300 cars. By engineering a lighter and stronger wheel that enhance the look of your Dodge Magnum or Chrysler 300 without comprimising the ride comfort or performance of the vehicle. These Forged wheels go through the same rigorous testing as original equipment wheels by an independant OEM certified testing agency before being released. Using the finest materials and the latest technology to create premium-forged wheels. These wheels begin as a solid cylinder of 6061-T6 aircraft aluminum, which is compressed with 4,000 tons of force to create a wheel blank. This process produces a wheel that is stronger and lighter than any 20" cast wheel. Each wheel is then put into a CNC machine, where the design of the face is eloquently milled to perfection. Once the design of the wheel is completed, it is then polished and triple chrome plated to attain that mirror like finish. Then Toyo Proxy ST tires are then mounted, filled with Nitrogen, and road force balance for the perfect ride quality. The package of four (4) wheels, four (4) Toyo 255/45r20 Ultra High Performance Tires, and a set of theft deterrent lug nuts are included with free shipping on the whole package.​

Contact Mopar Supercenter to place your order today!!!​
Sale Price good thru December 31 is $2250.00

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Some Tech Spec's

These wheels are 20"x8.5" (20x8.5)

The Bolt Pattern is 5 hole on a 115mm (5x115mm)

The offset is 27mm for proper clearance.

Post any questions below and I will update this one post, that way it is all in one spot.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
FZ16 mounted on a base model 300.

Before wheel / tire change

The wheels & tires (Directional Tires)

The new wheel / tire package mounted

The front suspension bolt clearance with new tires.

Now the ride this new wheel/tire package created, was definetely noticable. Not a harsh ride, be a little stiffer. The car does not seem as spongy as it did before we changed them. Sorry about my crappy pictures, but I hope this helps some of you.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I don't think a wider tire would work well, at least with this offset. As it stands now, the clearance between the tire sidewall and the knuckle is about just enough to get my finger in between them. That should be enough for any sidewall deflection, and a wider tire could rub the side of the knuckle. These tires turned out being about 3/4 of an inch taller than the 18" originals, and about 1 1/2" taller than the 17" originals. We had to hook up the scan tool and select the 18" tires to correct the speedometer, a 5 minute job. We then tested it on a 10 mile section and ran the formula, speedometer was right on. Again, I can't state how much better the ride seems, much more responsive, and not nearly as spongy. I think for a direct bolt on, no modifications needed, this was a good tire/wheel choice for us. Note, no grinding or drilling, bolt pattern is exact, and hubcentric for stability.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Jimbabwe said:
Would it be possible to get some more pics from the back and along the side? I'd like to see how far out the wheel / tire combo fills the wheel arch. I love the look and am having a hard time making a decision on which wheel / tire combo to pick. Thanks in advance for the great info!
The pictures you requested are in our new thread locatated in our vendor section. You can view them by clicking on this link.
http://www.300cforums.com/showthread.php?p=21951#post21951

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.