Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

20" wheel and tire deal

12K views 50 replies 28 participants last post by  Invar 
#1 ·
I just ordered a set of these mc2 rims with Toyo Ultra Proxys 255/45/ZR20. I got the dealer to sell them for $ 2,500 mounted and balanced.If anyone is interested, I will get you the dealer info. I have attached a picture.

Attachments

See less See more
#7 ·
How do 20s with 45s compare in height to 18s with 60 series tires? That is my major concern. Tire store told me that 18s with 60 series tires are actually almost an inch taller than 20s with 245/40 tires. I don't want to have more wheel well exposed, I want to fill it up. Thanks for your help, Ron

#11 · (Edited)
Just bought a set of the FZ7 (Magnum) wheels from the dealer - Dodge or Bellevue (Wa) for $2,500. They came with 265/45R20 Pirelli Scorpion Zero's. At that size they're 0.76 inches bigger outside diameter than stock. I was a little worried about that, but they seems to fit. And they really fill up the wheel well, which looks nice. And the dealer made the appropriate adjustment in the computer so the speedo would be right.

It's amazing how much better the car looks. I was worried that I wouldn't get the "bling" without going to a 22, but man, these look good. There was literally a crowd in the service bay looking at the car when they brought it back in.

The ride is definitely better (no bumpier, and much less "floaty"). Cornering is much better. Not sure about accelleration yet. With the bigger and better quality tire you can't break them loose, and that was really my only metric for stop to go accelleration.

My only concerns are that there is a bolt sticking down above the inside of the front tire that now only clears by about 1/4", and that it doesn't look like the tires are going to make it inside the rear wheel well if they compress that far. I guess we'll see.

Sorry for the poor quality pics and dirty car.

Attachments

#16 ·
Yup, just sporty.
Excellent look - interesting to hear that they cause no discernible negatives on the ride/suspension side.
Sweet!

#17 ·
Sweet Wheels

BobD, nice looking rims just right (SWEET) :) :)

#18 · (Edited)
We have these wheel / tire packages available in 4 styles. MC2 has since changed the tire to a P255/45R20 to help a little with that bolt clearence problem. The good news is that the tire wont grow upward, so there should be no issues with that bolt. For more information on the wheels tire package, be sure to check out this thread.
http://www.300cforums.com/showthread.php?t=1817

#22 ·
E55 KEV said:
That Toyo tire seems a bit tall. It is the Toyo Proxes S/T which is truck/suv tire and according to Toyo.com it has an Overall Diameter of 29.6". The stock OD is 28.6.

The tire works perfectly and fills the wheel well quite nicely. I recommend getting your speedo and trans recalibrated at the dealer. I have had these since July.

I also have attached a picture showing the gap between the tire and the dreaded suspension nut.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.