Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wassup everyone? I have been wondering what is the difference between a 20x8.5 and a 20x9 and what would you personally pick out of the two?

What are the correct offsets for a 8.5 and a 9?

Also I have read that 255/45/20 are the perfect tire size to match a 20x8.5 with no rubbing or mods needed, is this true?

What would be the perfect tire size for a 20x9?

Last but not least, does anyone have a pic or link to a picture of the prototype 300c? I was thinking of using different sizes on the front and rear like it.

Thanks for helping, btw im new here!

·
Registered
58 Posts
What's up Playa. First off welcome to the forum. It's a great place to learn a lot about your ride and to make some new friends in the process. Anyway, the 20 x 8.5 is perfect for a fit for the car. I got a set added at the dealership and the ride is as good as it is with the 17's or 18's. I'm trying to sell tham as I want to go bigger. So let me know if you're interested.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply Mache. 20x8.5 sounds good to me, can anyone tell me what offset is required though or are they all the same? I am planning on lowering it 1.6" with the eibach kit so that should make the appearance look more "full". Anyone have a pic with 20x8.5 w/ the eibach kit installed?

I heard the prototype 300c had 255/45/20 tires on the front and 275/45/20 tires on the back and am interested in doing this. Can anyone post a pic of the prototype?
Any opinions on this?

Good looks in advance.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I believe that the offset is +15

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
+15 huh, got it. Can anyone shed some light on the prototype tire setup?

·
Registered
101 Posts
Here is a picture of mine lowered with the Eibachs and with 20's. Normally the tire you would get would be 245-45-20, I went with a 255-45-20 to further fill out the big wheel wells. No rubbing issues with this setup. My wheels are MC2ning FZ6 (see them at http://www.mc2ning.com)
-Chris

·
Premium Member
2,648 Posts
Playa on Playa, the wheels & tire sizes on the 300C Concept are:

20x8.0 - 245/45/20
20 X 9.0 - 275/40/20

Don't know the offsets.

However, the 245/45/20 is not made by anyone yet, but should be available soon after the release of the 300C SRT-8.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Black Hemi, can you put up a few more pics with some side shots please. I plan on going with the same set up. I pick mine up tonight and plan on going with the 255/45/20's just unsure about the eibach. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
2,859 Posts
tires

Hay BH
THous the Famous Toyo tires you got on there.
I got to get rid of these Falkin 245/40 there just to small.

·
Registered
901 Posts
Good Choice

Congrats and Welcome to 300/300C Family Playa! I have the Toyo's 255/45/20 with Lorenzo's O5 20 x 8.5 rim size, I just love the way they feel the wheel gap, no mods needed, no rubbing whatsoever, here are a couple of pics!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Black Hemi- Thnx alot for the pics really great.

E55 KEV- Do you happen to have a pic of it? I am extremely curious to see one.

Angi300C- Thnx and great looking setup. Is your 300 lowered by any chance?

·
Registered
901 Posts
Play on Playa said:
Black Hemi- Thnx alot for the pics really great.
Angi300C- Thnx and great looking setup. Is your 300 lowered by any chance?
No lowering or any modifications needed for this setup. Thanks for the compliment! :)

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Gentleman and a Scholar

Play on Playa said:
Wassup everyone? ...., Thanks for helping, btw im new here!
Please continue to post on a regular basis.
I dont care what you write.
You may never leave 300C forum and take that avatar anywhere wit u.
SIncerely,
The Entire male (pig) population. :D

·
Registered
303 Posts
Does anyone know if Good Year is going to release their new 245/45/20 and 255/45/20 tires before the srt-8 comes out? The srt-8 specs list the wheels as 20x9. Why didn't they go with the 20x8.5? Does the .5" hold the bead that much better?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts