1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi Everybody

I've been looking at the 300c with the 5.7L HEMI

What sort of issues did the 2005 Model have and the 2006 model year have

I have never owned a Chrysler nore have I even Driven in one(TEST DRIVE YES) and not one person in my family has(GM FAMILY)

But I love the look of the car from when I saw it back in 2005 when it came out.

I want a Change and something that Is It going to make me feel like the smallest person on the road and hear every Noise from the plastic. But still pay way to much on insurance for a 7 year old car.

The Parts for the 300C,Are they Very Expensive to buy/get dealer to do. Brakes etc

Just looking for some pro's and Cons as they have gone down to about 15k with the 5.7L now for the 2005 and about the same for the 2006 model.

Before I go was there ever a SRT8 in 2005

Thanks

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I know this Topic has been asked a few times and thats why I'm not gettng any replys.:pat:

and I should use the Search button to find my answer I know I know

But I can't seem to find what I want need to know and can't look at every Topic:eek:

If I can just get the Most Common Probelms with these cars please that would be great.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I purchased my 06 srt8 new so I have had alot of time to find problems. I myself have allways been a GM man. But i went to the dark side after a car salesman caught me sneeking a peak at the 300c. I was just killin time and he ask me if I wanted to take the 300c for a test drive. I was very impresed with the power of the 5.7 HEMI. As I came around the dealerships back lot I saw a Brilliant Black srt8. I ask the salesman what the difference was and he said "OH you dont want that its a lot more money" plus you will have to pay a fuel surcharge. I ask him if i could test drive it and he reluctently let me drive it. I went in and found the Gen Manager and the rest is history. Wrote a check and drove her home. She has been the best car I have ever ownd. the only thing that has gone wrong and is a common problem is trans fluid leak. easy fix. (O RING) I now have 38K on her and she is just as much fun now as she was new. STONEY

·
Registered
523 Posts
Common problems are:

* Transmission O-ring leak- most cars have this problem in the first year. If you're looking at an '05 or '06, it is highly probable that it has already been fixed.
* Sagging rear bumper on 2005 and 2006 models. There is an easy fix for it- search "sagging rear bumper" on this Forum.
* Park Lock Out mechanism - it's a little pink plastic piece inside the shifter- a tab eventually breaks off and prevents the shifter from moving out of Park. Again, there is a simple fix - search "pink thingy" on this Forum.
* Weak tie rods - the tie rod bushings are weak and fail prematurely. Replacement part is the same pos as installed at the factory. The solution is to get an aftermarket part - I believe Pedders has 'em.

·
Premium Member
4,470 Posts
We bought a 2005 300C as a certified used car from our local dealer and drove it without any issues of significance for a year and a half. Then traded it for the Magnum SRT8 that you see in my signature. In the meantime we also purchased a 2006 300C Heritage Edition (also in signature) and we've had no major issues with it either. The H.E.'s premiere model year was 2006.

As with any brand and model, you can get a gem, or a lemon. In our case we have had three gems of the LX models. I would and do highly recommend them. They are a great deal right now because everyone is "scared" of high gas prices, and don't realize how good these are for the size and power they carry.

There were a few thousand 2005 SRT8s made, but they are pretty rare. They have a unique 2-piece front fascia. The model shown by dhoolwerf is a 300C Design Group (although he's removed the badges and side molding) which is the 5.7L MDS Hemi with SRT8-style features like seats, spoiler and 20in rims. The SRTDG model started in the 2007 model year.

·
Registered
332 Posts
I have a 2005, early build

so far its been a pretty good car, my rear bumper is sagging, need to fix that DIY, My Autodim rear view fogged out, it pulls to the right, and have vibration at 75 mph, tranny feels sluggish , plan to have that flushed is a few weeks

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have 2006 300C with 67,000 miles, absolutely no problems. Original Conti tires lasted 53,000 miles, no complaints. Had transmission fluid changed at 40,000 miles as precautionary measure. Bought car new in December 2005, I highly recommend this vehicle, I drive very aggressively and this thing runs strong.
Pappy

·
Registered
1 Posts
My mom passed away and I got her car and the chowwaawwwaaa....lol. But the it's a big car...it's parked right now because it wouldn't go into gear...I know it's something really early fixable.....but I just wanted to know about common problems other people have had...and need to educate myself on the software situation about there being some kind of update? How to get it handled ext....anyone know what I am talking about?

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
My mom passed away and I got her car and the chowwaawwwaaa....lol. But the it's a big car...it's parked right now because it wouldn't go into gear...I know it's something really early fixable.....but I just wanted to know about common problems other people have had...and need to educate myself on the software situation about there being some kind of update? How to get it handled ext....anyone know what I am talking about?
Sorry to hear about your Mom's passing.

I'm not really sure what you're asking, but whatever it is, you should consider posting a new thread in: Home / Forums / Troubleshooting Forums / General Discussion on Issues / Trouble Shooting, instead of trying to piggyback onto this fourteen-year-old thread.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts