Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2005 300 Limited that has a factory radio with the 6 CD changer and Sirius Sat built in with additional controls on the steering wheel. On the Radio there is an AM/FM Button and a Mode Button.

From the factory, the MODE button switched between playing a CD and SAT.

A few year back I decided I wanted to play my iPod through the radio system and in the Metro NY area those over the air gadgets weren't working well. So, I went to a local stereo shop who added a device to my system that from my side of the dash all I could see was a wire coming out of the dash with a mini stereo plug that then went in the IPod (or what ever phone / MP3 player) I hooked the wire to.

In order to get the AUDIO INPUT in to the radio, after this device was hooked up there was an additional feature when you pressed the MODE button.... CD/SAT/ and now DVD. Even though the car has no DVD player the audio from my iPod was played through the DVD input and it worked fine.

Fast forward to the other day...I go to play music from my Iphone... hit the MODE button and there is no DVD selection in the menu, it only shows CD or SAT.

Does anyone know how to activate this function? I am attaching a picture of my radio.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I just want to mention...last winter my battery went dead and I let the car sit a couple of weeks before replacing the battery and then over the summer Sirius changed their programming and I had to have them do an over the air reset of the SAT module. I'm not sure if this affected the MODE on my radio...but something is up, features just don't disappear.

·
Registered
3,692 Posts
There's probably a harness adapter which allows the aux in from whatever you connect to the 3.5mm plug. What's happened is likely the harness needs to be reset.

To do that you need to get behind the radio, disconnect the harness, and reconnect it.

If this doesn't resolve the problem, it's likely the adapter has gone bad.

There's plenty of how-to access the radio in this forum.

Highlights:

1) open the ashtray
2) loosen the bezel by pulling starting at the opening above the ashtray and work your way up both sides (be careful as it get flimsy going up.
3) there are 2 plugs behind the ac controls as well as plugs behind the clock, so unplug those and you can set the bezel aside (don't worry if the vent inserts come loose, they are easy to set back in place)
4) there are 4 screws that hold in the radio, take them out and you can slide the radio out.

You should find the adapter that allows your ipod to be selected via DVD.
It will be plugged in between the radio and the stock wiring harness. All you need to do is unplug it from the stock wiring harness, wait about 30 seconds,
plug it back in.

That should get things going again unless again the harness has gone bad.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts