Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a used 2005 300C AWD. It seems to have a fair bit of steering wandering, especially on crowned roads. I've done enough reading here and elsewhere to know that the 300C has issues with "wandering". I see there is an October 2007 service bulletin out that address these sorts of issues and gives tech the latest suggested alignment figures for these cars.

My question is this.... is this worth having the service department do, or is it just a big waste of time. I.e. any of you have this done and seen an improvement in steering tracking and wandering. My car is not real bad, but the car definately seems to need more steering input that most other cars I have driven.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I have a 2005 AWD C also and have not had any correction done to the steering. The only time I notice any wandering is on the highway where there tend to be "ruts" from the traffic pattern. I sometimes notice the car pulling a bit as it tries to follow the slight curve of the road wear, but other than that no issues. Since you picked yours up used, it may be worth having it checked out. The previous owner may have been a little rough on it and the linkage may be worn or the alignment may need adjusting. :thinking:

·
Registered
195 Posts
I just bought a used 2005 300C AWD. It seems to have a fair bit of steering wandering, especially on crowned roads. I've done enough reading here and elsewhere to know that the 300C has issues with "wandering". I see there is an October 2007 service bulletin out that address these sorts of issues and gives tech the latest suggested alignment figures for these cars.

My question is this.... is this worth having the service department do, or is it just a big waste of time. I.e. any of you have this done and seen an improvement in steering tracking and wandering. My car is not real bad, but the car definately seems to need more steering input that most other cars I have driven.

The only alignment that can be done is toe ,and a slight shifting of the engine side to side.Caster and Camber are not ajustable by standard means. If tires are wearing on one side then special off center camber ajusting bolts have to be installed. If the car is pulling to one side then shifing the engine side to side will correct this.If the car drifts side to side then worn tie rod ends should be checked.The dealer although it bothers me to say it is probably the best place to start.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts