Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 05' 300c. About a year ago the drivers side main window control unit stopped being able to put down the drivers side front and passengers side front windows, but would still put down the back windows. After countless hours of checking fuses and each wire inside the door with my tester I came to the conclusion the module was bad. I replaced the module with one from a U-pull it center.... SAME PROBLEM....so I thought okay maybe there is the slight possibility the car it was pulled from had the same problems although very unlikely, but still possible. I ordered a brand new module from the dealer and wouldnt you know...SAME PROBLEM!! Im at my whits end here....any thoughts or suggestions or should I suck it up and take it to a dealer?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know this is late but did you get this fixed yet?:sombrero:
I did not get it fixed yet, I did however notice there is a separate "brain" box inside the door, that does have what appears to be window wires going to it. I called the dealership and they couldnt seem to tell me the technical name for it, but did tell me they will take a look at it for $200 bucks. I would rather figure out what that is called or find the real problem on my own. I know it is definitely NOT the window control module though. Any thoughts? Thanks for the reply!

·
Registered
319 Posts
Before u spend any money try to open up the window switch and check for corrosion, I see this problem all the time with GM vehicles. Most of the time you can just clean the connection and get away with it, or try a different main switch.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No Corrosion, the main window unit will only put down the rear windows, neither front window. The passenger can put down theirs, I cant from the drivers unit. Its definitely not the module I have a brand new one from factory in there. And I have had it apart about 7 times now and tested as many wires for continuity and they all seem to check out.

·
Registered
288 Posts
I have the same problem on my 2005 CSRT8. The left back window intermittently fails. Usually, it doesn't work and occasionally it does. So, that I think that rules out fuse. Possibly switch or wires. I'll post again when/if I figure it out.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hey guys, New here but have just purchased a 05 300c with the same intermittant problem with the drivers window/switch,

Just wondering if anyone has made any progress on how this may be fixed.......got 500 off the price so hopefully will be a cheaper fix than that!!

I have found a window control module online delivered for $120, from looking at some other threads it sounds like this could be the most likely culprit.....any help/suggestions would be much appreciated,

also if anyone knows how easy the interior of the door is to take apart and get to where the control unit is that would also be much apreciated!

thanks!

Mark

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hey Guys,

Thought I would update...picked up the car today...window issue was due to 2 snipped wires between the door and the car....soldered back together...all working.

before the fix the drivers window, passenger power mirror, and memory seat functions were all faulty.

I hope this may help others out!

·
Registered
1 Posts
retired owner

my interior lights don't come on when entering car, 2005 chrysler 300 touring. also they work on passenger side. everything works on remote entry help me

1 - 14 of 14 Posts