Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First question is that the fuel pump/ sending unit comes as one peice. second it is located on the driver's side under the back seat?
And the issue was the car was bogging and the MIL light was flashing and i was at a quarter of a tank. As soon as i filled it up the car was fine so I'm pretty sure this narrowed it down to the fuel pump, filter or sending unit and im pretty sue this has an in-tank filter as well?

Thanks

-Jon

·
Premium Member
6,058 Posts
Odd to have a bad pump, but it happens I guess... was there no codes?

Sent from my MOTWX435KT using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No codes or pending codes the light was off with in 30 seconds of filling up. All I was is that it was running a little lean. It has bogged before but not this bad.
I have heard that the filter pump and sending unit are all one unit. I just wanted to verify that along with the location. Also I have heard the Mercedes connectors have caused problems before.

·
Premium Member
6,058 Posts
Well there are two fuel pumps in our cars... one on each side of the tank... now... it woild make sense that each one has its own pick up and filter. I still am unsure this is for sure your problem.... your gas cap wasn't loose was it?

·
Registered
14 Posts
under back seat on both sides. Tie a string around the pumptubes while removing, then tie it to the new tubes to pull it back through. Don't forget to remove your fuelpump fuse and start the car up a few times to clear the line first.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Well there are two fuel pumps in our cars... one on each side of the tank... now... it woild make sense that each one has its own pick up and filter. I still am unsure this is for sure your problem.... your gas cap wasn't loose was it?

which side is the high pressure fuel pump failure on ??Left or right ?

·
Premium Member
6,058 Posts
Passenger side in the USA is a crossover or transfer pump to supply fuel from one side to the other to balance... Drivers side is the main fuel pump.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

1 - 10 of 10 Posts