Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I just bought a 2005 300c and I started it up and ran smooth and engine was quiet! Iool was very dirty so I cahnged it! Using the 5 20 like it says to do! I used Sipertech High mileage full synthetic! First time I started it after putting in 6 qrts is started up and smooth no noise! I then topped it off and started again! This time it had some tappet noise! Now Everytime I start it it has tappet noise! The temp here is 30° so it's not real cold! Car has 173k
Any help would be appreciated
Thanks!

·
Registered
744 Posts
Use your extended EVIC screens to read your actual oil pressure. If it's within specs, don't worry about it. It's always possible that a different oil will pump up quicker and/or result in overall quieter operation, but if your oil pressure is fine there isn't much else you can do.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok I tried to do that on my car and nothing happened! Could it be because the center piece where raidio goes is disconnected and in trunk? Or could it be blown fuse! I also noticed the steering column doesn't tilt and wippers don't work! As don't the the driver's or pass front windows! I guess that's why I got car for 400 lol bit it is the dub edition

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No! I noticed check light comes on at start but goes out in 2 seconds but I do have the air bag light on and brakes light it's just weird I have no functions on steering wheel no tilt and wippers also front pass and driver's window don't work

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have one I just didn't think necessary with no check light on! I'll check them in morning and if I have any I'll post them on here! Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have one I just didn't think necessary with no check light on! I'll check them in morning and if I have any I'll post them on here! Thanks for the help!
Also the guy I bought it from said he thought it had blown head gasket! I bought it not running because he lost key! So I had new key made with fob and started the car.It started right up and ran very smooth! I have had cars with blown head gaskets they all missed a little! This one runs very smooth! I checked oil and no water in it! No residue under oil cap. Car runs and stays below middle on temp gauge so I can't see it!

·
Registered
744 Posts
Dude, that's awesome. I didn't know about that. Imma check it out first thing tomorrow.
Sorry about that, Greg! If I'd known you hadn't tried it, I would have told you when you were working on your diff swap. It is a pretty slick little Easter egg.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Sorry about that, Greg! If I'd known you hadn't tried it, I would have told you when you were working on your diff swap. It is a pretty slick little Easter egg.
Do you know what the different more cryptic displays mean? Like the latest whatever is a certain number. Or this display

·
Registered
744 Posts
What you're looking at there is data from your two fuel level sensors, in pints and gallons.

Some of the other info is how the car was last started, when the alarm was last activated and by which entry point, what caused the last chime to sound, automatic headlamp settings and so on.

I can't link you to competing sites, but it's all out there. Just Google "hidden evic", with the quotes.

·
Registered
71 Posts
What you're looking at there is data from your two fuel level sensors, in pints and gallons.

Some of the other info is how the car was last started, when the alarm was last activated and by which entry point, what caused the last chime to sound, automatic headlamp settings and so on.

I can't link you to competing sites, but it's all out there. Just Google "hidden evic", with the quotes.
Thanks, had to Google a couple different things to find a good guide, and it brought me back to our forum here, lol. Incase anyone is reading this thread and wants to know. Great newbie guide for novices like me found on this forum here EVIC "Easter Egg" Instructions, Screens and...

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
You can, but if you don't modify the fan settings, it won't run any cooler unless you're moving fast enough that there's sufficient airflow to the radiator.
Ok,I know you can modify them but how? And also I bought some AutoZone universal coolant it says mixes with any color! For all makes and models. I plan on draining the system and flushing with water.will this be ok using that coolant?

1 - 20 of 47 Posts