Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Well car was blowing some steam from tail pipes! Not a lot! No watw in oil but the thermostat was out and after about 20 min it heats up to 235 ° it says that on the info center on dash! The gauge for some reason doesn't go past middle! And also after warms up coolant rises in radiator over fill! Fans do t come on and I tried to jump them but nothing! ( If I did that right)..? It doesn't miss I haven't tried driving it due to it gets hot! I used ttwo bottles of blue devil pour n go I put it directly in top radiator hose cold then started engine! It got hot within 20 min and had to turn it off! I started it back up at 170 ° and let it run but it got hot again in 10 min so I'm not sure if blue devil worked! I let it cool down then started it up and same thing got hot in 20 min! Light steam out of tail pipes still.. I'm stumped
As far as the flush I disconnected hoses and flushed throw top opening plugging bottom opening to build up pressure then let it go! I did that several times till water was clear! I then hooked everything up minus thermostat closed radiator pet cock then put one gallon coolant in reservoir and down too hose I put mix! Till it came out of engine where thermostat goes! Sealed it up topped up resivor and started engine

·
Registered
704 Posts
You can't run a Hemi without a thermostat, that may very well be why it's overheating.

Premix is only for topping off, or for filling a completely empty cooling system. It shouldn't be used for refilling after a flush when there's still water remaining in the system.

Your cooling system capacity is around 14 quarts. If you put in one gallon of premix, you probably have around 15% coolant to 85% water. That's not enough.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
You can't run a Hemi without a thermostat, that may very well be why it's overheating.

Premix is only for topping off, or for filling a completely empty cooling system. It shouldn't be used for refilling after a flush when there's still water remaining in the system.

Your cooling system capacity is around 14 quarts. If you put in one gallon of premix, you probably have around 15% coolant to 85% water. That's not enough.
Thanks for reply! No I actually after flush out in 4 qrts of concentrate and it pretty much filled it up I disconnected too hose and filled it that way! Then when it was full I put 50/50 in reservoir till to full mark! Then started vehical and saw it was circulating from top hose on resevoir! I always thought that with no thermostat the car would stay cooler! I planned on putting a new 190 in it after I used head gasket sealer! Also my cooling fans never kicked it after temp reached 230° I checked fuses and relay both are good! I disconnected fan plug on top of fans and checked fans and put hot wire to them but nothing came on! Maybe I did it wrong! There's a red,Bron yellow and grey going to fans! I also check the other side of plug going to computer and relay. No power on any wire.I figured it would have a continues hot wire. So I'm stumped

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Don't put that in your car! That coolant has 2EHA acid in it which eats head gaskets and destroys your engine. Such fluid is like Dextrol which was designed for GM engines that have different head gaskets. Mopar coolant is expensive, but not nearly as expensive as head gasket repair. If you can't afford original equipment Mopar, then you might try Zerex 05 which is a hybrid coolant and safer on gaskets. Peak "global lifetime" is a universal product that is safe, but hard to find. Don't confuse with Peak longlife which is not safe and does have 2EHA acid in it.
Thanks for help! I used the Zerex G05
Also I don't think my cooling fans are working! I checked fuses and relay all good! Is there a diagram telling how to jumper the motors with 12 v to see if they come on ?

·
Registered
704 Posts
I always thought that with no thermostat the car would stay cooler!
When you run without a thermostat, your coolant flow is increased to the point where it does not remain in the block long enough for effective heat transfer. So while you can do that while you're flushing the system, you shouldn't expect it to stay cool. It may actually overheat.

Also my cooling fans never kicked it after temp reached 230° I checked fuses and relay both are good! I disconnected fan plug on top of fans and checked fans and put hot wire to them but nothing came on! Maybe I did it wrong! There's a red,Bron yellow and grey going to fans! I also check the other side of plug going to computer and relay. No power on any wire.I figured it would have a continues hot wire. So I'm stumped
That's not how I would test the fan motors. You can (as you did), but I don't know the pinouts so I can't tell you which contacts to apply 12 volts to.

The way I would test this would be to use either AlfaOBD or Appcar's DiagFCA to test the fans. You can toggle them on and off through the scan software.

41 - 45 of 45 Posts