Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
So on Christmas Eve I was driving down the highway doing about 75 and my windshield wipers came on out of nowhere with a vengeance. I didn鈥檛 even know they could move as fast as they were going. As I鈥檓 pulling on to the shoulder of the highway I start seeing smoke coming from my gauge cluster. By the time I got the car stopped and my wife calm, the smoke was really rolling out. So I pulled the radio bezel off and saw the smoke coming from the back of my gauge cluster and shortly after saw the flames. I didn鈥檛 have a fire extinguisher so I popped the trunk and ripped the battery out and ttook our everything in my trunk I didn鈥檛 want to lose, sub, jack, and amp. Well after talking with the insurance company for the past month I get to keep the car and get back almost 11k. My car is number 43 or 44. 2005 300c srt8 with roughly 73k miles on it. The damage is the whole dash, both front seats (water damage), all electronics on the dash, all the wires for the dash, headliner, windshield, passenger window, and door panels. I鈥檓 wondering what it will take to get her fixed up. I鈥檓 really wanting to do aluminum door panels, racing seats in the front, and custom gauges. Does anyone have any input on where to get wire harnesses from and other parts like that?

Attachments

Administrator
Wow! Absolutely sucks. What about going to an auto wrecker and getting parts of an 06? Pretty sure after all these years they'd have a few seeing as over 10,000+ were built for 06. the 2005 didn't come with TPMS and rear seat DVD, but other than that everything should work IMO.

Bernie

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
Yea I鈥檓 going to try that I鈥檓 hoping that someone may have some experience with this. Also I hope this doesn鈥檛 happen to anyone else.

Administrator
Well Boz, I can tell you that after 15 years I've never seen this happen before that's been reported on a forum at least.

Bernie

Premium Member
Dang, never seen anything like this

Registered
Discussion Starter #7
I have no clue what caused it. I鈥檝e gotten the car back and will start taking out the interior and see what鈥檚 salvageable and what鈥檚 not. I鈥檓 hoping that I can find a rolled or totaled 300c srt8 to use as a donor car for the electrical. My engine bay is untouched and I think majority of the damage is on the drive side of the dash.

Administrator
Can you explain what we're looking at in the pic? Is this your car currently or a doner car?

Bernie

Registered
Discussion Starter #10
I鈥檓 sorry. I thought it typed out what I had typed. This is my car after a few hours of gutting and vacuuming water out.

Administrator
Oh OK then. At least it's progress.

Bernie

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

1 - 11 of 11 Posts