Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
SOLD! 2005 Black 5.7 HEMI 300c - Full MOT - Reduced to £4995!

NOW SOLD!!!

Fully MOT'd and ready to go is my beautiful black 300c 5.7 HEMI.

It's had one previous owner from new in Dec 2005, and has covered just under 85,000 miles since then. The car has all the usual refinements and is in amazing condition, and having been a chauffeur car until I acquired it, it appears to have been meticulously cared for in it's life. While it came to me with no documentation, I think that the overall condition of the car speaks for itself - For example, the previous owner appears to have had all 4 shock absorbers and springs changed and all the disks and pads replaced shortly before they took the car in P/X, and it also had 4 brand new matching Pirelli P7 tyres fitted around the same time. It runs and drives exactly as you'd expect it to, everything works as it should, the suspension is comfortable, the engine is quiet and the gearbox changes smoothly. Being an early model, it also happens to be in the lower tax band, just had the renewal letter come through at £290 for 12 months.

During the time I've owned it, I've had to replace the bonnet struts (You only need it to drop on your head once and you really know about it!), upgraded to Bosch aero wipers, I had the starter motor checked and rebuilt and I replaced the battery with the top of the range Yuasa one. It sailed through the MOT, only needing the parking brake adjusting, a testament to how well it's been looked after in it's time!

I had the stripes and some of the brightwork wrapped matt black as I was never a fan of all the shiny stuff, and I had the windows tinted at the same time. These can be easily removed by the new owner if wanted. Last MOT, I also had it serviced (Oil, oil filter and air filter, as well as a coolant flush and change), the gearbox oil and filter replaced (And I purchased a dipstick for the gear oil level, which I'm including in the sale). It's done around 5,000 miles since then. I also have a front bumper lip and a rear lip spoiler which I am willing to throw into the sale. Both will require painting before fitting.

As with any car, it does have a few problems, it is over 10 years old! Here are the ones that I'm aware of:

The alloy wheels are peeling and could benefit from a refurb.
There are a few small marks and stone chips on the car, it's not new.
There is a slight rattle/knock from the front (Possibly passenger side) over bumps. My MOT tester thinks it's because the engine undertray is in the boot.
The CEL sometimes comes on, which after having it plugged in, is related to one of the O2 sensors - Bank 1, sensor 2 if I remember correctly. It went off by itself a few days ago and hasn't come back on since.

The private plates will also be removed from the car prior to sale, and it will be back on it's original 55 plate.

I think that covers everything, but if there's anything else I've missed, please feel free to ask.

As I really don't need 4 cars any more, I've fully MOT'd it and I'm also reducing the price to £4995ono. The car is located just off M1 j29, Chesterfield.

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts