Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for any kind of lead on the ignition coil wire that’s not wired in with the injectors

·
Registered
765 Posts
Welcome to the forum. What are you talking about? Your 05 Hemi had Chrysler's failed Wasted Spark System from the factory. There is a coil over each cylinder that COVERS both spark plugs for that cylinder. Each coil fires the cylinder it sits on AND, via a long spark plug wire, at the same time, fires a spark plug on a cylinder on the opposite cylinder bank. Each coil also has a primary wire circuit from the Powertrain Control Module (PCM) to each coil, which tells the coil when to fire. There is no connection between any of the ignition coils and any of the fuel injectors.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I’m trying to figure out what wire inside the pcm harness basically runs just the coils because I’m trying to install basically a button that interrupts that signal so gas and fumes can travel to the back of the exhaust pipes but the wire that I have tapped into controls the injectors and coils which is weird

·
Registered
765 Posts
You can download the Factory Service Manual online. I don't have the website, but a search on the LX vehicle forums and the internet should give you results. I've seen it several places, but I have my own hard copy that I've never used.....internet is easier. Too my knowledge, all early LX platform 5.7's wiring is the same....Charger, Magnum, 300C.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts