Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, my 2005 Chrysler 300c hemi has 198,000 miles on it with a new engine put in at 196,000 miles. It is having this problem where it will stumble and trip up as If i accelerate too fast. If I accelerate a little bit, wait and let the car speed up and shift gears, then I can accelerate a bit more and I repeat this process until I reach the my desired speed. that seems to keep the car from stumbling but even at like 50+ mph it will stumble a bit.

The car will also stall sometimes when I’m sitting still and will not start unless I let sit for a bit. Sometimes it’ll start right back up, sometimes it needs like 20 mins. When it stalls the check engine light and a red lighting bolt will pop up.

When the car stumbles is the only time I maybe get the check engine light and BAS ESP light. Yet, the next day the lights are gone as if everything is fine. When the check engine light is on I get the u0100 and p0700 codes. I’m thinking it’s an electronic issue and not a mechanical one. Any help would be extremely appreciated. Thank you.
Here’s a video of what happens

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Thank you for the video tutorial! Drove it back from work in autostick mode and it drove normally. As if nothing was ever wrong. What does that mean?
Driving in Autostick mode disables MDS. Sometimes, if you have a borderline electrical issue, when you come out of MDS mode, you can see a problem like this. The first question I would ask is, what type of spark plugs are in use, and how many miles are on them?

Next, I would look at the coil packs and wires.

I would check all of your underhood grounds to be sure that they're clean and tight.

You could also be looking at a bad PCM, TCM, transmission sensor, or bad harness connection or wiring.

Believe it or not, another possible cause is low transmission fluid. Take the car to a transmission shop with a good reputation and have them check the fluid level.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts