Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

2006 300 bogging down off and on

4K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  Bobbyfigueroa 
#1 ·
Hello all, my 2006 Chrysler 300 has had a few problems as of late. The first time it started it was raining/wet outside. As I came to a stop sign/light after not driving far, it started to really bog down and the rpm's dropped considerably....also when I would get gas there would be a strong smell of gas inside and this was whether I was getting $10 worth or filling up....it didn't matter. If we pumped gas into the car, you could smell it very very strongly. Check engine light came on and when I ran the code it gave me it said it was an evaporation system leak. Took it to the dealership and they said the vacuum pump was bad (its near the fuel tank) and they replaced it. Well, no more gas odors, but after about 2 weeks (on a dry day) it did the bogging down, dropped in RPM's, and just didn't want to go. The check engine light flashed but didn't stay on. After a minute of this, the car runs smooth again then it'll do it again periodically. I used a friends diagnostic tool and it says there is a pending code of P0132 $07E8 Generic then it says o2 sensor circuit high and voltage bank 1 sensor 1.
Does this mean I need to replace my O2 bank 1 sensor 1? Has anyone else experienced this or know what this is? I don't have the loot to be taking it to the dealership every time something goes wrong. it only has about 50k miles on it now. Please help with any info you can. Thank you in advance.

#2 ·
sounds like one of the o2 sensors went high voltage indicates a short or damaged o2 sensor when its not damaged the unit has resistance that changes to tell the computer if its runing rich or not. the sensor is located in the exhaust. You might be able to check its resistance with a multi-meter.

Cheers

#6 ·
Hello all, my 2006 Chrysler 300 has had a few problems as of late. The first time it started it was raining/wet outside. As I came to a stop sign/light after not driving far, it started to really bog down and the rpm's dropped considerably....also when I would get gas there would be a strong smell of gas inside and this was whether I was getting $10 worth or filling up....it didn't matter. If we pumped gas into the car, you could smell it very very strongly. Check engine light came on and when I ran the code it gave me it said it was an evaporation system leak. Took it to the dealership and they said the vacuum pump was bad (its near the fuel tank) and they replaced it. Well, no more gas odors, but after about 2 weeks (on a dry day) it did the bogging down, dropped in RPM's, and just didn't want to go. The check engine light flashed but didn't stay on. After a minute of this, the car runs smooth again then it'll do it again periodically. I used a friends diagnostic tool and it says there is a pending code of P0132 $07E8 Generic then it says o2 sensor circuit high and voltage bank 1 sensor 1.
Does this mean I need to replace my O2 bank 1 sensor 1? Has anyone else experienced this or know what this is? I don't have the loot to be taking it to the dealership every time something goes wrong. it only has about 50k miles on it now. Please help with any info you can. Thank you in advance.
Up stream sensors need replacing.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.