Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a 06 300 C with the dual climate control. Now I've had this issue for probably going on 2 years. While driving in the winter with the heat on (it doesn't matter how hot or cool I have the heat set) it will start to blow cool on its own after driving for about 30 minutes. I have it set manually and not on auto. To get the heat back I have to turn it to almost full heat but it just gets too damn hot. This happens just about every time I would drive it. Some times it will be the driver side looses heat but the passanger side stays at the exact temperature it's set to be at. Then other times it will be where the passanger side changes and the driver side stays at the set temperature. I've had it at the shop and looked at while getting a oil change. And I've had it looked at several times. I have my oil done at a local Dodge dealer that I trust and have used for years with not one issue. Anyhow, onto the AC. This has also been going on for several years. It will do exactly the same symptoms as the heat. Same exact things. But here's the bizarre thing. At least to me. When I have the AC on, it doesn't matter if it's set to super cool or mild. Sometimes a kind of fog or lite smoke, mist will periodically flow out of the vents. It has no smell and no taste. Nothing at all. The AC blows pretty warm for AC. I've had things adjusted by the dealer. I've had the freon checked by them and I even did it myself to confirm. I've had a leak down test, nothing. The AC always works. But it usually blows pretty warm for being AC. But it definitely has some cooling power. Just nowhere near what it use to be. But it does blow cool. So I know it works and the compressor is engaging.

Maybe I'm missing something. I remember when I got my car over 4 years ago and the AC blew so cold you'd freeze in the car. I have no idea wtf has happened and I can't figure it out.

Any ideas? Thanks y'all,

Nick

·
Premium Member
328 Posts
I believe that could be the blend door actuator.
easy to swap out, and not too pricey (like 25 -50 bucks)

1. Disconnect and isolate the negative battery cable.
  2. Remove the glove box from the instrument panel.
  3. Remove the three screws (1) that secure the blend door actuator (2) to the passenger side of the HVAC air distribution housing (3).
  4. Remove the blend door actuator from the air distribution housing and disconnect the HVAC wire harness connector (4) from the actuator.

Remove the 3 screws (1) holding the blend door actuator (2) to the passenger side of the HVAC air distribution housing (3) and detach the connector (4) from the actuator
  5. Remove the blend door actuator from the vehicle.

Reactions: FASTINFLORIDA

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ha. I never even thought about that one. I guess maybe the mist or whatever it is would periodically come out of the vents depending on the setting. It's funny because I replaced the blend door actuator on my wifes 2007 explorer. This one will be much easier as I had to remove more than half of the dash to do the one on her truck. I always knew ford is notorious for their blend door issues. This never crossed my mind and I'm definitely going to look into it.

Thank you very much for the idea and the step by step!

Nick

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

1 - 3 of 3 Posts