Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey gang,

I recently posted I was having issues with my oil pressure light coming on when I was braking. I thought it may be a sensor issue that when the forward momentum was braked hard enough pushed the wires out of place enough to trip the oil pressure light. Since then, I've discovered it's not the braking itself it is when the engine is idling after it is properly warmed up. Does anyone have any idea of what could cause this so I can do more due diligence before shelling out a bunch of money for someone to tell me something I don't want to hear?

I could really use any input the car only has 73k miles on it

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The sensor has not been changed in the 10k miles I've had it. From what I've heard it's fairly difficult to get to.

·
Premium Member
2,018 Posts
It is but there is great info here with pictures. It's really just three alternator bolts, move it out of the way, then a 1 1/16" deep well socket to remove the sensor. There's a NIB sensor almost free in the buy/sell parts forum ;-)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Just had to change my oil pressure switch in September. Oil actually leaked through the sensor and into the electrical connector on the back, cleaned that out with some carb cleaner and paper towels.

·
Registered
150 Posts
If you are sure the guy who changed your oil used 5W/20, connect a line from the sender socket to an old fashioned mechanical oil pressure gauge. Could be a knuckle-skinner but you have the gauge or can cage one from a buddy, it a freebee - well, maybe a Band Aide.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts