Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
174 Posts
I have never used 1/4" sockets so much, there isn't a lot of room around the heads of a hemi 300c. Its doable though, I have a mirror and a bright light as part of my regular toolkit that i never needed much before ha ha

· Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I know that my issue wasn't keeping anyone up at night, but, to close the thread, the dipstick was easily fixed. She was due brakes and a few twiddles @ 92k miles. (I rarely put more than 4500 miles/year on her). Our shop was able to drill out the offending top of the dip stick and fit a new one for something around $37. Then on to the brakes, rotors, calipers, oil/filter, etc. She still drives like a new one. Mopar or no car! I'm babbling now but thanks for your help and be well! DD

· Registered
174 Posts
Just to be more precise on this, the dipstick tube is held by an o-ring in the sump, and a nut on the exhaust manifold. I used the drywall scree trick on mine but I think in the future I would wipe the sump area clean, remove the nut, pull the entire tube and push the broken dipstick out. This would minimise issues with getting rubbish in your sump.

Glad to hear yours worked out for the best.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts