Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I seem to have encountered the dreaded 'lock in Park' over the weekend. I'm down to getting the console out. Have everything off (bezel, ashtray, etc.) but don't see all that many screws at the rear of the console back by the DVD screen and player. Thought I'd check here before proceeding. I was hoping someone could tell me in 5 EZ lessons (and 6 hard ones!) :)
YouTube is no help.
Thank you in advance.
DD

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry, guess I wasn't awake yet...

Poking around the console storage, I discovered that the tray was rubber and pulled out. Duh. Why not? Gotta take it out and clean it, right?
Anyway, 3 5/16" bolts, disconnect power to the DVD and the rear power plug and the console is out, Pulled the cable out of the way and I was able to move the car out of the middle of the driveway. Will run it over to the shop that works on it to let them put the new part in the shifter. Their lead mechanic is ex-Chrysler and did an EXCELLENT job rebuilding and upgrading the W5A580 transmission last year. Film at 11.
Thanks again and apologies for getting everyone excited for nothing. ::biggrin::

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Thanks, that is a good one. But, I had wasted everyone's time by not being awake when I posted the question on how to remove the console with VES. After posting the thread, I went back to the car and found the 3 - 5/16" bolts under the storage. (I did finally wake up).

Sorry I wasn't clear. I did know how to repair the shifter, my problem at the time was pulling the console with VES, which after another coffee, I was able to figure out. You don't actually have to pull the console, but I had had a cup holder issue for a couple of years and needed to get underneath it to remove the cup holder cover.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cheap at twice the price!

I made it to the local Chrysler dealer and picked up the necessary part for $8.77 total. There are several good videos on how to repair this problem but I chose this one. Although the video was posted to YouTube 2+ years ago, the Mopar part number was still good and I was out of the dealership in less than 10 minutes. That is the least amount I have ever spent on this vehicle. The video link is:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts