Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey got a engine swap for my 2006 300c.Now every time I connect the battery the alarm goes off .I tried original key won鈥檛 stop the alarm but start the car got two new reprogram keys. Still won鈥檛 stop alarm .Change battery change alternator nothing won鈥檛 stop the alarm 馃槶 HELP ME BEFORE I GO TO DEALERSHIP

Registered
Welcome to the forum. First, are you sure it is the alarm and not just the horn shorted out? If you're sure it's the alarm, next, you need to insure, using an advanced battery/electrical system tester, that the battery is in top notch shape. Along these lines, have you checked for Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTC) with an advanced diagnostic scanner? If so, what are the codes. If not, do this BEFORE you go get raped at the stealer. Post any codes here.

Without more details on what all you've done or not done, my guess is that you've either shorted out or corrupted something in the horn circuit or, if indeed it is the alarm, something in the CAN BUS that is impacting the Wireless Control Module (WCM), also known as the Sentry Key Remote Entry Module (SKREEM) in such a way that is keeping the alarm going. An advanced scanner can check this module (and all of the vehicle's electronic modules), and do some programming or reprogramming. The WCM is located under the dash on the driver's side of your vehicle. The horn relay is located in the Forward Control Module (FCM)

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome to the forum. First, are you sure it is the alarm and not just the horn shorted out? If you're sure it's the alarm, next, you need to insure, using an advanced battery/electrical system tester, that the battery is in top notch shape. Along these lines, have you checked for Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTC) with an advanced diagnostic scanner? If so, what are the codes. If not, do this BEFORE you go get raped at the stealer. Post any codes here.

Without more details on what all you've done or not done, my guess is that you've either shorted out or corrupted something in the horn circuit or, if indeed it is the alarm, something in the CAN BUS that is impacting the Wireless Control Module (WCM), also known as the Sentry Key Remote Entry Module (SKREEM) in such a way that is keeping the alarm going. An advanced scanner can check this module (and all of the vehicle's electronic modules), and do some programming or reprogramming. The WCM is located under the dash on the driver's side of your vehicle. The horn relay is located in the Forward Control Module (FCM)
Hey thanks I鈥檓 for sure it鈥檚 the alarm because the lights go on and off to as it鈥檚 making that sound I removed the alarm fuse but the light still flickers .I started the car and ran a battery system tester and find the alternator not charging the battery and that why it can鈥檛 stay on without me connecting jumper cables from another car. And when I turn the car on.The dash say (NO BUS) means the data cable going to the (PCM) computer is unplugged. I unplugged and Re plugged it in but still the same. So I鈥檓 a have a friend run a scanner on it tomorrow to see if that makes a difference.

Registered
That'll be a good start. Did you mess with any of the electronics, other than disconnecting the electrical stuff attached directly to the engine? Did you disconnect the battery BEFORE you began unplugging electrical components on the engine, especially the starter and alternator? Did you unplug the PCM? Did you do anything in or around the Forward Control Module? Any pinched, shorted, broken wires....follow routing end to end? Is everything properly plugged into the correct corresponding component?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts