Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All! Newbie here with probably an old question. Today my screen went out on my 2006 300C navigation/radio display. My radio still works and I can still control it from my steering wheel but unfortunately and most importantly, I can't see my navigation screen. I also have the factory rear seat DVD package and that screen still works and plays DVDs. I popped off the center console bezel and the part # on my unit is 05064184AC. Does anyone know of a site to purchase one of these OR is there a more updated plug-and-play unit (possibly touch screen) that will work flawlessly with my steering wheel control, U-connect, Bluetooth, and factory rear seat DVD unit? Any advice/help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

USMC Alumni

·
Administrator
19,620 Posts
Chrysler will charge approx. $2800 USD for a replacement unit. There are plenty of aftermarket units available. Unfortunately there is no OEM plug and play updated model available due to canbus speed changes made in 2008.

The screen failure is due to a board failure. There are several firms online that specialize in repairs to these units for a price that is a LOT less than a new unit, OEM or aftermarket.

Just google "REC NAV radio repair".

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Many Thanks!

Thanks MADDOG. I greatly appreciate your help and fast response!::biggrin::

·
Administrator
19,620 Posts
No worries, man. I had my OEM unit fail but it was still under the extended warranty so I replaced in kind for a grand total of $100.

If I had to do it again (and I may sometime) I'd seriously consider an Alpine, Kenwood or Pioneer head unit.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts