Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
101 - 120 of 147 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #101 ·
Could very well be.... I also had the connector plug changed at the dealership.... highly doubt they cleaned both sides of the wiring plug.... if any side at all truthfully

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #102 ·
I had some time today and was using Alpha OBD, and scanned the ABS, and the following codes were present:
C121A
C121C
C1043
U0100
C1015

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #103 ·
Also, with the car running... the EVIC would go from 13.5 to 13.8 back down then up etc.... I do have a ground strap that I am going to put in.... As far as installing it on the alternator, I would use one of the mounting bolts on the alternator then on to a bolt/screw to a bare metal part on the car?

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
I do have a ground strap that I am going to put in.... As far as installing it on the alternator, I would use one of the mounting bolts on the alternator then on to a bolt/screw to a bare metal part on the car?
Yes. It's always a good idea to check any potential ground with a test light or VOM if you're not sure.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Just checking..... would the car need to be running to check for continuity? Or off?
If you're using a VOM, it does not matter.

If you're using a test light, one lead goes to the grounding point, the other goes to a 12V+ source.

Obviously, if you use a 12V+ source that is only hot when the ignition is on, you'll need to have the ignition on for the test. If you use a 12V+ source that is always on, it does not matter.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #111 ·
Thanks.... I will be using my multimeter...
Question.... do you happen to know off the top of your head if the mounting bolt on the alternator will fit in the eyelet on the Standard B14G ground strap? I wont be able to check until this weekend. Also, with the following codes I got when I scanned the ABS with AlphaOBD:
C121A
C121C
C1043
U0100
C1015

I am planning on replacing the front and rear ABS sensors.... and check for any open connections. I did not check yet, but is there a plug on the ABS module that I can unplug and clean? If so, the battery would need disconnected, correct? One more thing.... how does the TIPM come up so I can access the plugs on there to clean them? Thanks again for answering any questions that I have. You have been a tremendous help to me.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Thanks.... I will be using my multimeter...
Question.... do you happen to know off the top of your head if the mounting bolt on the alternator will fit in the eyelet on the Standard B14G ground strap?
I don't. I have a B14G on hand, so I thought I would just hook it up and see, but it has a little corrosion on it from storage so I need to clean it up first. But the eyelet is pretty generous, looking at the alternator mounting bolts I'd say it should fit. Worst case, you could always ream it out a bit with a drill, a Dremel, or a round file.

I am planning on replacing the front and rear ABS sensors.... and check for any open connections. I did not check yet, but is there a plug on the ABS module that I can unplug and clean? If so, the battery would need disconnected, correct?
Yes, the ABM, which is part of the ABS module, has one. I don't know the official protocol for disconnecting the ABM, but I would disconnect the battery anytime you're replacing any module.

One more thing.... how does the TIPM come up so I can access the plugs on there to clean them?

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #113 ·
Thanks again for your help and info.... I removed and re-seated all of the fuses and relays in the rear fuse box yesterday.... one of the relays was not seated properly (fuel pump relay), so I was hoping that could have been the issue I had yesterday and today (starting the car up and it stalling within a few minutes of running) but that was not the case. I also did the calibration on the throttle body... still same thing. One thing I did notice today in the EVIC... when using the auto stick mode... the volts stay around 13.8 down a few to 13.6 and back up.... When no other cars around I just had it in drive... and the volts stay around 14.0 to 14.1 then down to 13.8 and back up... Voltage is higher when the car is in drive.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #114 ·
Question.... my car stalled again a little bit after I started it on my way home... when I got home, with the car running... I was checking out the rear fuse block just to see if the fuel pump relay came loose again.... it looked to be seated fine, so I just touched it to make sure and it was pretty hot to the touch.... truthfully I never really paid attention on previous cars if the relays got hot.... is that normal?

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Question.... my car stalled again a little bit after I started it on my way home... when I got home, with the car running... I was checking out the rear fuse block just to see if the fuel pump relay came loose again.... it looked to be seated fine, so I just touched it to make sure and it was pretty hot to the touch.... truthfully I never really paid attention on previous cars if the relays got hot.... is that normal?
It could be that the fuel pump is on the way out and drawing more power than normal. It could also explain the stalling problem, especially considering the age of the car.

Another possibility is a bad ground on either end of the fuel pump circuit.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #116 ·
Thanks for the info.... I was thinking about getting another relay just to try it to see if there is any difference. As far as a bad ground on either end of the fuel pump circuit, where would that be located. How do I go about testing the fuel pump? The fuel pump can be accessed by taking out the bottom part of the rear seat, correct? Thanks again for the info.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Thanks for the info.... I was thinking about getting another relay just to try it to see if there is any difference. As far as a bad ground on either end of the fuel pump circuit, where would that be located. How do I go about testing the fuel pump? The fuel pump can be accessed by taking out the bottom part of the rear seat, correct? Thanks again for the info.
No harm in trying another relay, they're cheap and easy to swap out. Can't help with the rest.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #118 ·
Thats what I am thinking..... maybe the relay is going bad.... got it.... I will try to look up some videos, etc.. about it... Thanks again

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #119 ·
I had a little time yesterday.... so I removed and cleaned the 2 ground wire on the back of the motor on passenger side and the one on the drivers side... the drivers side one has what looks like a plug from the throttle body goes on.... is that some type of sensor? There is a part no. on it. I also changed the front passenger side ABS speed sensor.... o'reillys only had one in stock...... so should have other one today... As I was looking under the car, where would a chassis ground be located? I actually did not see any under there.... any help would be appreciated.

101 - 120 of 147 Posts