Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys - the last year or so I've been hankering for installing something like an Alpine 8" head unit (X803 over here in the EU, ILX-308 in the US) but every year they refresh that line, there's literally zero real upgrade. Same crappy resolution and high ticket price from the bundled maps....hell, we're going to use Carplay or Android Auto, so why right? The 9" floating units don't really seem right, so I'm stuck. Sort of.

The other option I've been floating is to install an Android tablet that is capable of USB OTG whilst charging, fitting a powered USB hub, a USB DAC (Fiio Q1 Mk II perhaps) and a bunch of pigtails to replace cigarette lighter points in the dash and box for USB ports. It's something that can easily ratnest, so an option that needs careful consideration at each step.

Our 300C has the 6-speaker Boston Acoustics package, and as I understand it the factory amp is separate from the stock head unit. Now, given that I am not too bothered with upgrading the stock speakers or amp in the foreseeable, I presume that I should be able to wire the stereo line output to the loom header? Is this as simple as that?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts