Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
a dealer told me they expect the 300C price to go up almost $2,000 for 2006.

i'm in CA where they still mark up the cars $5k - $8k so the increase would certainly work in CA, but i think it will hurt sales elsewhere where it is sold for MSRP (or less), so i'm skeptical.

i would not be surpised at SOME increase however.

anyone w/ experience in 'hot' car pricing want to weigh in w/ a more realistic assesment of likely increase?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
124 Posts
$2,000?? Seems way too high. They've been steadily increasing the price throughout the 2005 model year, so I don't see why such a big jump would be necessary.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
34 Posts
It honestly wouldn't surprise me. Of course, three years ago, I was all set to buy a new Thunderbird, happily walked into the dealership, and was struck a +$20,000 "Market Adjustment" on the price of the car.

$55,000 for a $35,000 car. Not in this lifetime.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
63 Posts
Thunderbirds are lot-rot now, with the Chevy SSR, that was getting 10K over too.
The 300C is still going strong in the DSRP market: dealer suggested retail price :)
I'd almost guarantee a price increase, because you can order the '06s now, but you can't see the price. If the price were staying the same, they'd probably just keep the pricing in the system. But $2,000? No way! A maxxed out C is still under 40K MSRP, I bet they keep it that way.
RT
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
265 Posts
Actually the 300C with AWD tips the scales at just over 40K.. MSRP on mine was 39,320 of which the only way to get more on it and keep it a RWD was to get the deep lava red color which made it 39,470. Now with the AWD and an extra 1,200 it makes it 40.5K... So if we see an increase of 1K I wouldn't be suprised..

I just hope they maybe take half of that money and maybe make some of the complaint parts of the car better or maybe add a few things here and there over the years.

My biggest disappointment is the wheels. =( I wouldn't want people to see them up close and see they are shiny hubcaps over some wheels.

Ohh well! I am looking in to 20"s for it for summertime driving.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,431 Posts
Hoosier_300C said:
It honestly wouldn't surprise me. Of course, three years ago, I was all set to buy a new Thunderbird, happily walked into the dealership, and was struck a +$20,000 "Market Adjustment" on the price of the car.

$55,000 for a $35,000 car. Not in this lifetime.
That is not a price increase from the factory. Market Adjustment is added by a gready dealer. :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1 Posts
Stopped by a dealership today that appeared to have some 300Cs in inventory on line, in hopes of finding one to test drive. Not only were they out of stock, but tried to get me to put a hold on their last remaining to-be-delivered '05, based on their info that the '06 model was going to cost at least $4k more than the '05. I put it down to typical dealer hustle (i.e. lying).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
40 Posts
xplanted said:
Stopped by a dealership today that appeared to have some 300Cs in inventory on line, in hopes of finding one to test drive. Not only were they out of stock, but tried to get me to put a hold on their last remaining to-be-delivered '05, based on their info that the '06 model was going to cost at least $4k more than the '05. I put it down to typical dealer hustle (i.e. lying).
Don't believe the "Hype".
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
98 Posts
Almost every new car, or new car model, that has been successful has had a price increase (and some had a price increase just because i.e. second year into of the unforgettable Aztec). This is just the laws of business like it or not. When I was growing up I remember if someone spent $10,000.00 on a car they was getting something really fancy or fast like a corvette. My older brother got a '71 charger with hemi engine for a bit over $7,000, he traded in a '57 chevy belair, (I remember my mom complaining that he could of had 3 toyotas). He promptly totaled the charger after a year, it was rebuilt but the insurance company refused to put in another hemi engine saying it was too expensive, insurance companies haven't changed too much. My first car, a '76 toyota corolla st, cost me an enormous $3,100. Point is car prices will continue to go up regardless of what any of us do, as long as the market is willing to pay. I'm just glad I got my 300C at what I felt was a good price for a good car.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
base 2006 300C increase from 2005:

invoice: +$157
msrp: +$175

no increase in any of my ordered options from '05 to '06
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1 Posts
Price Info

Are you sure of the 2006 MSRP on the 300C? I am working with local dealer who is supposed to get back to me with 2006 MSRP but have heard nothing yet? Do you mind providing me your source. Best to go into negotiations fully prepared. Thanks!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
bluethunder94550 said:
Are you sure of the 2006 MSRP on the 300C? I am working with local dealer who is supposed to get back to me with 2006 MSRP but have heard nothing yet? Do you mind providing me your source. Best to go into negotiations fully prepared. Thanks!
all i'm going by is the info on my 2006 300C order sheet (lists 2 colums, MSRP and FWP that i quoted).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
134 Posts
Didn't this happen with the Chrysler PT cruiser? Hopefully they will go down soon.
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Top