Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good day all,
You may have seen some of my other posts on this form about my 06 SRT8 and the journey I've gone through fixing this thing up.
One of the issues that has been around since the beginning is an odd fluctuation in the RPM when under light load (driving up hill at low RPM).
The original remedy I tried was replace the intake manifold gasket and plenum gasket. This helped the car out significantly since there was a major leak on both sides.
(Also no more blue smoke on startup! Hooray!)

Recently there has been another development in the RPM issue (I'm assuming its coming from the same place).
When going up a steeper incline at a low RPM (usually on the highway), I can feel something similar to a rumble strip on the side of the highway.
My immediate though is that the torque converter is finally starting to show its age, however, I'm really not sure if this is my issue considering the car shifts smooth as silk no matter what temperature the trans/engine is at. Here is a list of work that I have done to this car, why it was done and existing issues:
  • Issues that have been remedied:
    • Transmission slipping at take-off, hard shifts, noisy pump - Took car to reputable local transmission shop to get fluid and filter flushed and replaced. (This fixed both issues)
    • Engine sitting at slight angle and moving around the engine bay - Replaced both motor mounts.
    • Shake at idle, blue smoke, consuming oil, leak around intake manifold/head - Replaced plenum/intake manifold gasket, 3 coil packs (stock), and all spark plugs with Autolite XP. (Yes I know, you guys swear by different brands, but these have never let me down)
    • Sticking brake caliper - Took caliper to local performance shop to rebuild caliper (Brembos cost too much to replace at my budget)
    • Cracked windshield - Replaced windshield
    • Various Interior/exterior defects (leaking sunroof, cosmetic stuff, Mopar shift knob, replaced burnt bulbs, LOTS OF CLEANING, etc.)
  • Outstanding issues:
    • Previously mentioned occasional rumble strip sound on incline/low RPM (fairly recent development)
    • Previously mentioned RPM fluctuation on incline/low RPM
    • Clunk in front end when going over bumps. (nobody can find suspension issues, so I'm thinking front struts should do the trick)
    • ABS Control module gives low voltage code when the rear wheels break loose or under hard acceleration sometimes, triggering the ABS, ESP, T/C lights.
    • Slight shake at idle (thinking this is just how the 6.1 is considering there aren't any engine codes)
    • Loud oil cooler jets (it is what it is, I just change the oil every 3k miles)
    • Crappy Thrush mufflers that aren't worth their weight in scrap...
    • Various cosmetic, scratches, cracked front bumper lip, exhaust tips rub inside of the bumper and one is longer than the other.
    • Tires are mismatched brands but the sizes check out.
    • Stock wheels needs some TLC
This car was a mess when we picked it up and was a world of trouble to get it registered considering the seller disappeared off of the face of the planet when we found these issues and never signed the title.... But that's a problem that has been long taken care of...

If anyone has any idea on what the problem with the RPMs/ruble issue may be, please let me know before I spend more money than I should on a 3200 RPM stall converter!!!
Or if anyone has any remedies or suggestions for the other issues that haven't been addressed, please feel free to respond.
Also let me know if you guys need any extra info or a video/picture of anything about the car.
Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
98 Posts
Didn't see it mentioned, have you cleaned the throttle body?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Didn't see it mentioned, have you cleaned the throttle body?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Yes I did clean the throttle body and change the gasket when I did the intake manifold gasket/plenum.
Thank you for the suggestion though!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts