Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2006 300C with the REC radio and the rear seat VES. I have never used the VES. Can I connect an IPOD to the AUX input and play the output through the radio speakers? Another question is - Can the front seat passenger listen to another radio or SAT channel on the headphones while I play the CD's through the radio speakers? Sorry for all the dumb questions. Regards, Bob.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Yes

BobF said:
I have a 2006 300C with the REC radio and the rear seat VES. I have never used the VES. Can I connect an IPOD to the AUX input and play the output through the radio speakers? Another question is - Can the front seat passenger listen to another radio or SAT channel on the headphones while I play the CD's through the radio speakers? Sorry for all the dumb questions. Regards, Bob.
Bob,
Yes you can listen to the rear dvd up front. Yes the rear passengers can listen to anything at the same time with the headphones. The only thing you can't do is listen to say, 2 different radio or satellite stations at the same time. My kids usually listen to FM while I listen to CD's or Sirius. I don't do the ipod thing but I would bet that it would plug & play and you can listen to it up front, no problem. I ran the rear dvd feed to the front nav screen so I can watch too!

Dan

·
Registered
61 Posts
The iPod does connect and works just fine. Be sure to have the iPod volume all the way up so the VES detects it.

·
Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Thanks

DanRealtor said:
Bob,
Yes you can listen to the rear dvd up front. Yes the rear passengers can listen to anything at the same time with the headphones. The only thing you can't do is listen to say, 2 different radio or satellite stations at the same time. My kids usually listen to FM while I listen to CD's or Sirius. I don't do the ipod thing but I would bet that it would plug & play and you can listen to it up front, no problem. I ran the rear dvd feed to the front nav screen so I can watch too!

Dan
Hi Dan. Thanks for the info. I assume that the front passenger can use the headphones too. Nobody likes my Johnny Cash and banjoes and guitars mp3's. How did you run the rear DVD feed forward to the front screen? Did you have to get the radio modified? Best regards, Bob.

·
Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Obiwan

obiwan said:
The iPod does connect and works just fine. Be sure to have the iPod volume all the way up so the VES detects it.
Hi. Thanks for the info. I'll turn it up. Regards, Bob.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Rear DVD

BobF said:
Hi Dan. Thanks for the info. I assume that the front passenger can use the headphones too. Nobody likes my Johhny Cash and banjoes and guitars mp3's. How did you run the rear DVD feed forward to the front screen? Did you have to get the radio modified? Best regards, Bob.
The entire head unit gets sent out to TV and Nav 2 Go or NavTV and they add video inputs to the unit. NavTv was $900 to add one video input or $950 for two. One of the supporting vendors told me that TV and Nav 2 Go only charges $400 for 1 or $450 for 2 (Doh). Anyway, then the rear dvd feed has to be tapped and run to the front unit. Nt second video feed is from the camera in the front airdam. I love both the rear dvd up front and the front camera view!

Dan

·
Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Great!

DanRealtor said:
The entire head unit gets sent out to TV and Nav 2 Go or NavTV and they add video inputs to the unit. NavTv was $900 to add one video input or $950 for two. One of the supporting vendors told me that TV and Nav 2 Go only charges $400 for 1 or $450 for 2 (Doh). Anyway, then the rear dvd feed has to be tapped and run to the front unit. Nt second video feed is from the camera in the front airdam. I love both the rear dvd up front and the front camera view!

Dan
Hi Dan. Thanks for the info. Sounds GREAT. Regards, Bob.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts