Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

My low beam left side will not come on, replaced lamp 2x, switch lamp from right side (working) to left side, still nothing, moved (jostled) wiring harness around to see if there is some sort of wiring issue, no dice.
checked voltage at lamp receptcle,12 volts, multi meter, Ohm out lamps, new and old, there okay?
NOTE, both high beams work
anyone have a idea what could be the issue?

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Okay. Your description is a little confusing, but if you tested the bulbs on the other side and they work, then the bulbs are good.

Your best bet would be to use an advanced scantool like AlfaOBD or DiagFCA to check for DTCs, and manually toggle on each bulb to test the electronics.

If you don't have access to a scantool, check the connectors again. One may be corroded or have loose tabs. A bad ground can also cause this kind of problem.

Another very common failure point on these cars is the headlamp switch.

It could also be the front control module, but I wouldn't start there.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Not sure where you're confused in my statement,,, if its this = = switch(ed) lamp from right side (working) to left side, still nothing, lamps work fine on right side , (new and old). I moved the connector/wires around when attached to the lamp.nothing

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
when you say headlight switch, do you mean the interior light switch on the dash?, wouldn't all the lights not work? if it was that?

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
when you say headlight switch, do you mean the interior light switch on the dash?, wouldn't all the lights not work? if it was that?
The headlamp switch is the round knob that you rotate to turn your headlamps on.

·
Registered
923 Posts
Hi

My low beam left side will not come on, replaced lamp 2x, switch lamp from right side (working) to left side, still nothing, moved (jostled) wiring harness around to see if there is some sort of wiring issue, no dice.
checked voltage at lamp receptcle,12 volts, multi meter, Ohm out lamps, new and old, there okay?
Are you saying you have 12VDC at the low beam receptacle and ground at the ground pin? If the lamp is OK it should light. Bob.

·
Registered
923 Posts
Hi

Did you ever find the problem? Bob.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Did you ever find the problem? Bob.
Hi,

No, problem still there.. I Tried splicing in a new electrical socket connector to the low beam. Still the low beam will not come on. Still get 12 volts, yes its grounded to the ground pin. Waiting for a new light switch to arrive, its a long shot, which I don't think will work, but it does eliminate the possibility of the light switch being bad.

·
Registered
9 Posts
This same exact thing happened to me. 2007 300c AWD. Luckily i did not buy a new bulb. First I tried swapping left to right and right to left. Still the drivers side would not work. So i did replace the ballast because i figured it must be that. It wasn't. Turns out there was a broken wire in the harness between the two headlights. To find it you're going to have to peel away the plastic protective casing to expose the wires and eyeball them. Start on the passengers side of the harness and move towards the drivers. mine was broken more towards the passengers side.
Happy hunting.

·
Registered
9 Posts
This same exact thing happened to me. 2007 300c AWD. Luckily i did not buy a new bulb. First I tried swapping left to right and right to left. Still the drivers side would not work. So i did replace the ballast because i figured it must be that. It wasn't. Turns out there was a broken wire in the harness between the two headlights. To find it you're going to have to peel away the plastic protective casing to expose the wires and eyeball them. Start on the passengers side of the harness and move towards the drivers. mine was broken more towards the passengers side.
Happy hunting.
Oh. I almost forgot... this car has separate fuses for each of the low beam headlights. There's one for the left and a separate one for the right. Check those.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Oh. I almost forgot... this car has separate fuses for each of the low beam headlights. There's one for the left and a separate one for the right. Check those.
Your car has HIDs and the OP has halogens. Only the HIDs have separate left and right fuses.

·
Registered
923 Posts
Is it possible it could be the control module, attached to the fuse box
Did you ever find your problem?I sent you several PM's and e-mails with some tests to do. I never heard from you with the results. Bob.

·
Registered
923 Posts
Just a note to all who answered his request for help. After numerous PM's and e-mails with specific instructions to determine the cause he found out that he had no ground on the ground side of the lamp. He added a ground and guess what - It works now. Bob.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts