Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2006 Chrysler 300 V6 3.5L. I replaced the EGR valve and the spark plugs. I then drove it and the lightning bolt came on after 10mins or so driving. Turned the car off then back on and lightning bolt was gone. Started driving again and a few mins later lightning bolt came back on. Put a new Throttle Body Control on it and nothing changed. Lightning bolt still came on as before. Guess old throttle body had nothing wrong with it. I give up!
Can anybody tell me why this is happening and what should I do?

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
I fixed it. Vaccum leak was in egr tube. Didnt know it need 2 gaskets. What a crap design.
Yeah, the EGR tube on a 3.5 is a nightmare. Glad you got it sorted out. Did you have to take the wiper motor and transmission out to get to it? They do have a seal on one end and a gasket on the other, is that what you ran into?

Just replaced the EGR valve on a 5.7 a few months ago. Thankfully it's nowhere near as bad a job.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah, the EGR tube on a 3.5 is a nightmare. Glad you got it sorted out. Did you have to take the wiper motor and transmission out to get to it? They do have a seal on one end and a gasket on the other, is that what you ran into?

Just replaced the EGR valve on a 5.7 a few months ago. Thankfully it's nowhere near as bad a job.
No didnt have to take out either one. The seal at the bottom was still there. It was at the top of the egr tube that goes into the back of the intake manifold. I had to take all that off to get to the spark plugs and when I did 1 of the gaskets fell off into into the manifold. ( I got it out.)So when I put it back together I seen the 1 gaskets and thought that was it. I didnt know it needed 2 gaskets back 2 back.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
When I seen the code said vaccum leak I just went ahead and got all new gaskets for it at O'Reilly's. Well they only gave/sold me 1 gasket for the egr tube when they should of given me 2!!! Won't be going there ever again.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts