Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a scratch on the back end of my 2006 chrysler 300 touring :mad:
I am going to order one of those touch up paint pens so I can fix it, but I can't find the color code for my paint. It is the metallic silver clearcoat, but I can't find the sticker with the paint number in the two spots they told me to check (on the dash, and under the hood). Under the hood there is a tarp covering the top, could it be under there? If anyone knows please help me out.

·
Registered
482 Posts
I know that it is called Bright Silver Metalic. I can't seem to remember what part of the VIN is the paint code. I had the dealer look it up for me so I could paint my splash guards to match.

·
Premium Member
199 Posts
Model 57 said:
I know that it is called Bright Silver Metalic. I can't seem to remember what part of the VIN is the paint code. I had the dealer look it up for me so I could paint my splash guards to match.

The paint code is PS2 Bright silver metallic The paint codes can be found on the left front door on the sticker that has the vin# at the bottom.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks, it was on the driver side door on the sticker. it has vin # and pnt was ps2. I'm ordering the touch up paint and clearcoat from expresspaint.com anyone have experience with them? This is really pissing me off I just got the thing in may.

·
Registered
142 Posts
brutal said:
thanks, it was on the driver side door on the sticker. it has vin # and pnt was ps2. I'm ordering the touch up paint and clearcoat from expresspaint.com anyone have experience with them? This is really pissing me off I just got the thing in may.
Yeah - that first scratch really hurts. :eek:mfg:

·
Premium Member
199 Posts
Just so your not disappointed. When you use touch up paint on light mettalic colors the aluminum flakes will settle to the bottom of the scratch. This will make the color appear darker, than it really is. Just so you know.

·
Registered
709 Posts
Got a scratch on the back of my mirror. I hate these small streets in Europe. American cars are just not made for these tiny Streets.

·
Registered
25 Posts
FYI a little bit of paint goes along way. Dab a little and wait then dab some more if needed. The new applicator tip from Sherwin Williams rocks too!!!

·
Registered
18 Posts
sarcasim02 said:
FYI a little bit of paint goes along way. Dab a little and wait then dab some more if needed. The new applicator tip from Sherwin Williams rocks too!!!
hey Sarcasim, what are the pro's and con's of lowering your car with the Eibach 1.6" drop springs?? does this nullify any warrantees?? is it safe and how hard is it to get the car back into specs?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts