Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good afternoon my name is Ronnie and I'm writing this post is hope that someone can help me with this issue I'm having with my car. One dayi was driving and It started sputtering a little bit from time to time
so I figured it was just time for a tune up given I haven't had one since I bought the car 5 months ago. I changed the spark plugs and then maybe a day after that my car went back to sputtering and then going away until 3 days after that it never stopped sputtering. The scanner said it was a misfire in cylinder 7 so I checked the plugs and replaced the coil packs and still misfiring. I tested to make sure the injectors and coil were getting power and that the injectors were working. In the end I have a misfire in cylinder 7 and I'm not sure what direction to go in. The car idles perfectly it has no roughness even when revv'd up while in park no roughness.

2006 Chrysler 300c 5.7
Thanks again in advance

·
Registered
'05 300c Blondie
151 Posts
Replacing the plugs is a good start, as was a coil pack on #7, but that's far short of a tuneup given the milage. Air filter, pcv, map, AIT sensors could be past end of life and given the car is new to you... they could all be original. Not costly, but also not likely the cause of one cylinder misfiring.

#7 is one of the mds cylinders. MDS doesn't actuate when you're using auto-stick and when mine was giving me misfire problems... using auto stick was how I was able to confirm it was an MDS problem. If you're not familiar with MDS, have a read here.

If you didn't get an owners manual with it, you can find one here. Service manual can be found on our sister site, or from this kind gentleman. The manual is quite large, so if you're opening the pdf before saving it... be patient as it can take a few minute (6k+ pages)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Replacing the plugs is a good start, as was a coil pack on #7, but that's far short of a tuneup given the milage. Air filter, pcv, map, AIT sensors could be past end of life and given the car is new to you... they could all be original. Not costly, but also not likely the cause of one cylinder misfiring.

#7 is one of the mds cylinders. MDS doesn't actuate when you're using auto-stick and when mine was giving me misfire problems... using auto stick was how I was able to confirm it was an MDS problem. If you're not familiar with MDS, have a read here.

If you didn't get an owners manual with it, you can find one here. Service manual can be found on our sister site, or from this kind gentleman. The manual is quite large, so if you're opening the pdf before saving it... be patient as it can take a few minute (6k+ pages)
Thank you very much I'll get to reading

1 - 3 of 3 Posts