Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi Guy's,

Has anyone done a complete rear swap using a late model Chrysler SRT8 ( 2012 + ) in to a Gen I car ( 2005 - 2010 Chrysler ).

I ordered a carrier, axles and hubs and received a complete rear ( + cradle ) of a 2014 Chrysler 300 SRT8, 6.4. ( It was easier for them to supply the whole rear )

As the 2014 cradle looks stronger i would like to use it but if there is modifications to be done i would like to know as i cannot afford to stuff up.

My wife uses the car to drop off the kids at school and goes to work in it and i travel alot so i have a very small window to carry out the works and as its a 1 day
holiday next week ( long weekend ) for us, and i am seeking an answer to put my mind at rest that i don't stuff it up.

Thx in Advance
AL

·
Premium Member
6,056 Posts
Should bolt right in and the SRT cradle is a tougher looking unit... Cradles in these cars are subject to cracking here and there after some abuse, so replacing it in my mind can't be a bad thing.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Theteese

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Should bolt right in and the SRT cradle is a tougher looking unit... Cradles in these cars are subject to cracking here and there after some abuse, so replacing it in my mind can't be a bad thing.

Hi Silver,

Should ??????

Are u trying to make me feel warm and fuzzy( lmao )

Any thread or evidence to help me m8 - I have 5 days to make the decision ?

Cheers
AL

·
Premium Member
6,056 Posts
Should as in a 12 fits in an 06 so I can't see there being a difference in a 14 when the same diff is present. It was a bolt in swap as long as the driveshaft swap was done.

LX and LC cars share the same cradles across the lines... Can't see a 14 being any different... If it is swap the diff/axles/hubs/shaft etc... No harm no foul if it came with it... But honestly pal it should bolt right in.

As for posts on it.. Probably out there somewhere, i bolted the one I speak of in myself. I'm sure someone here or on LXF has done one if you dig enough. Just make sure the cradle goes in nice and square...

Reactions: Theteese

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Should as in a 12 fits in an 06 so I can't see there being a difference in a 14 when the same diff is present. It was a bolt in swap as long as the driveshaft swap was done.

LX and LC cars share the same cradles across the lines... Can't see a 14 being any different... If it is swap the diff/axles/hubs/shaft etc... No harm no foul if it came with it... But honestly pal it should bolt right in.

As for posts on it.. Probably out there somewhere, i bolted the one I speak of in myself. I'm sure someone here or on LXF has done one if you dig enough. Just make sure the cradle goes in nice and square...

Hi Silver,

OK ,,, I now feel warm and fuzzy but 1 last question.

Do i need to swap the drive shaft if i have a 3 Y connection on mine?

The getrag has a 3 Y connection.

Cheers
AL

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
1 - 9 of 9 Posts