Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

2006 chrysler 300c heritage edition

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  magnuman 
#1 ·
I have a 2006 chrysler 300c heritage edition and i bought it in june 2018. It had 144,000 miles on it when i bought it and it now has 160,000 and some change. I had the engine rebuilt at 155,000 due to bent rod and broke crankshaft and now it runs better than ever. and going to put some shorty headers on it soon.
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Chrysler 300 Motor vehicle

See less See more
#4 ·
Love the black 300's. Back in January I picked up a black 06 300C SRT8 from my Grandson (gas mileage driving to college was killing him) because no one would give him anything for it on a trade in. It had a slight valve lifter type noise. At the time it had 164K on it and he had rebuilt the front end, new "Z" rated tires, so some of the expensive stuff was already done. Not to drag this story out, the engine problem ended up being a flat roller lifter and a bad cam. Since it had basically never been touched, I installed a mild performance cam, new lifters, valve job w/new valve springs, all new hoses, water pump, drive belt, etc. Cost a little over $2000 to do all this, but now it runs perfect, hauls a$$ and has become our daily driver. This allows us to "preserve our 05 5.7 Magnum (bought new, now 90K) and 06 5.7 Jeep Grand Cherokee (used now 114K). Almost all components are also interchangeable and, if need be, I can switch parts between them if, in the rare occasion I have some sort of problem. Only problem is, we need 3 cars (one driver) like we need a hole in the head, but I can't bring myself to let any of them go.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.