Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Through a series of 100s of phone calls to Chrysler, Alpine, Stereo installers, DTR Denver, etc....I am not getting any answers. We want to install a salvaged navigation unit in our 2006 Chrysler 300c and we were told they are VIN specific...found out it needs to be "reflashed" by DTR...they say it needs to be "exchanged" by the dealer...the dealer wants $2275 to do that...I am getting nowhere!!!!!Somebody....STOP THE MADNESSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!
Is there an easy way to get a stock nav unit installed in our car for less than $1000?????????????Then on ebay...the seller says the unit works when he tested it on his bench????????? I don't get it??????:twak:

·
Registered
613 Posts
They maybe talking about the VIN being specific to the vehicle features. You can use a used navigation without any problems or flashes. All u need is the nav unit, Disc, and antenna.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So if I have a 2006 Chrysler 300c that only has the "radio" (no nav) in it...
will a nav unit out of another 300c work???? They told me the car wont recognize the nav and therefore will not work.

·
Registered
979 Posts
yeah should work perfect as long as it is the rec. They are plug and play. in fact your computer will recognize it and even put the proper logo on the startup if you have a jeep it will display jeep logo chrysler chrysler logo. i agree it takes 10 minutes to rip out old radio and install new one.

·
Premium Member
2,414 Posts
So if I have a 2006 Chrysler 300c that only has the "radio" (no nav) in it...
will a nav unit out of another 300c work???? They told me the car wont recognize the nav and therefore will not work.
They have no idea what they are talking about... you can put the same radio in a 300, Charger, Jeep, Magnum or whatever and all of the functions will work without any dealer intervention. The radio reads off of the vehicle Bus system and will display the proper logo when powered up (Dodge, Jeep, Chrysler). The radio doesn't care about VIN's.

There have been two "series" of REC nav radios released. The original models (2005-2006) were p/n 56038646Ax while 2007 models used 5064184Ax.

Try and find a 2007 series model if possible. The higher the suffix the newer the radio (i.e. "AA", "AB", "AC" etc.). 2005-2006 models prior to "AM" had issues with the joystick breaking. Although a few radios after the "AM" revision had some joystick issues they are few and far between.

Be careful who you buy a used one from, preferably a seller that will guarantee it, at minimum, not to be DOA, and who will include a newer (and original!) software disc. More info: Jeep Grand Cherokee WK - Navigation Radio

1 - 8 of 8 Posts