Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what do you guys think about the 06 charger? I'm thinking about getting one instead of the 300c. Does anyone know how much the loaded Hemi charger will be?

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
kangol99 said:
what do you guys think about the 06 charger? I'm thinking about getting one instead of the 300c. Does anyone know how much the loaded Hemi charger will be?
It's okay. IMO I'll stick go with the 300.
What do you want in the cars?? The 300 is a little more luxurious and I think has a more distinctive look.

Good luck in your pick

·
Registered
631 Posts
The charger will also have less torque, 365lbs to the 300C 390. I personally like the Charger and would have considered it along with the 300C. I'm glad with the choice I made though.

·
Registered
9 Posts
The charger will also have less torque, 365lbs to the 300C's 390lbs.
In all the press releases, I'm pretty sure the ratings have been:
340 horse & 390 feet lbs. of torque for the Dodge Charger.

I'm just surprised that the 0-60 & 1/4 mile times aren't going to be faster. Most of the articles say 0-60mph in 6.0 seconds which equates to about a mid to low 14 second quarter mile time.

0-60mph in 5.5 seconds is anywhere from 13.9 - 14.1 quarter. That's where I thought the 5.7 Hemi Charger would be.

* One other thing, I went to the Detroit (NAIAS) Auto show this past Monday, & the Metallic Black R/T Hemi Charger looks awesome! This color is totally cool. Chrysler & Dodge have got it right, they've got 2 of each LX cars for people to sit in: Charger, Magnum, & 300's. They know how to market.

- Mike - :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
jcsganga34: I copy that. Thanks.

I'm going to the Detroit NAIAS again this Saturday, so I'll try to get some engine specs that they have available there on the 5.7 Hemi for the upcoming Dodge Charger. I looked in the most recent Car & Driver, Motortrend, and Road & Track and really didn't see anything too definitive. That metallic black car they have there looks sooooooo good.

- Mike - :)

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
v6 charger

Does anyone else think its *** to bring make and american muscle car with a V6 Option? This means the Charger will not be a rare car to see on the street and will end up being like the over populated Mustang:eek: I'll wait til the SRT Charger comes out.....That will be one Bad Mutha..

Attachments

·
Registered
629 Posts
I like it, too. I hope it will be lighter that the C and don't think there is anything wrong with decontenting the luxury items from the car for the sake of speed and sport. So if it is lighter/faster/stiffer, etc. and cheaper? Great!

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Well, it all depends.
At that price, the Hemi-powered Charger has to be the very "best" buy in the sedan class.
Got some spare change? Definitely upgrade to the 300C - very classy and still kickz-ass.
Tough choices!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts