Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found a cheap set of rims on craigs list locally they are 18" 9" wide would be better for drag radials with a 6" back spacing I was curious if anybody has tried them before. It seems really hard to find a 9 or 10 wide rim what all the bigger tires want for these cars thought it might be a cheap alternative. Any guidance on this will help. I know ours is 115mm but ford and doge rims used to be the same 5 by 4 1/2

·
Registered
562 Posts
115x5 is correct but guys run 114.3x5 without an issue, not sure on the backspacing though.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Our bolt pattern is actually 5x114.3. It all depends on the offset of the wheels and what size tires you plan or running. I would say a safe range for a 9" wide wheel with drag radials would be from +18 to +25 offset.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Our bolt pattern is actually 5x114.3. It all depends on the offset of the wheels and what size tires you plan or running. I would say a safe range for a 9" wide wheel with drag radials would be from +18 to +25 offset.
5x115 is the correct bolt pattern for all the LX's

·
Registered
456 Posts
5x115 is the correct bolt pattern for all the LX's
I wonder when I got this mixed up? I better write this down lol.

·
Administrator
19,623 Posts
Well, theoretically a 114.3 will work as it's 0.7mm / 1/32" difference in bolt circle diameter. That's not a huge dimensional difference that would preclude installation. I'd be a bit more concerned with the center hub opening and whether or not the wheels are hub-centric and their offset.

·
Premium Member
6,058 Posts
Well, theoretically a 114.3 will work as it's 0.7mm / 1/32" difference in bolt circle diameter. That's not a huge dimensional difference that would preclude installation. I'd be a bit more concerned with the center hub opening and whether or not the wheels are hub-centric and their offset.
Agreed completely... Many different rims are used for drag rims by lots of folks, but usually are matched at the hub as if not you run the real risk of losing one at a bad time!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts