Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings,

I wish to use my Android tablet running the popular Torque app to measure the transmission oil temperature on our 2006 Chrysler 300 AWD which has a NAG1 tranny.

Although the Torque app lists two transmission temperature sensor parameters differentiated as methods 1 and 2 neither is shown active. Several dozen other parameters do function OK thus I believe Torque app along with the Elm 327 bluetooth adapter are working normally. Since the service manual procedure for checking the tranny fluid level provides a temperature based graph for determining the correct level I imagine it should be possible to acquire the tranny temperature data via the CAN bus.

I wonder if a special scan tool is needed to acquire the tranny temperature data and if so which type is needed?

I also wonder if this feature was optional and only select vehicle models were equipped to provide this data on the CAN bus?

Any enlightenment would be appreciated - thanks in advance!

·
Premium Member
7,787 Posts
???

I can only tell you that the easiest way to measure trans fluid temp is with an infra red thermometer (flir). The stealership can read it so it is just not included in your software.

The PCM in your car uses the trans fluid temp to adjust shift points and TC lockup based on temps...

Reactions: tma
1 - 3 of 3 Posts