Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased my 300 from a smaller used dealer and on the day of my purchase I drove my car back home (30miles) and the check engine light came on. Now the codes says there is a catalytic converter issue in bank two. So I took the car back to the dealer to get it fixed twice and it keeps coming on. So at this point I took it to the Big Chrysler dealer and they are quoting me 3000 dollars to replace the cats and O2 sensors. Does this sound reasonable? The small dealer wont take back the car but said theyd pay for the repairs for the vehicle but i dont see them dishing out $3k bucks.

·
Premium Member
6,058 Posts
It's absolutely ridiculous actually, but probably close for a stealership... Find a used set of mid pipes (the pipe that has the cats in them) on here for $200ish and pick up two new 02's for $70 a piece from a place like rockauto, have them installed for $200 maximum somewhere and carry on with life....

Its fairly rare for a plugged cat on a stock hemi, but does happen. Honestly I'd grab a used set... chances are you won't have another worry. What year and motor size do you have. I had a 5.7 set with 20k on them I'd have given you for free but I just gave them away elsewhere.... put a post in the for sale section, I'm sure someone will have a set for the right price...

EDIT.... just saw it is for an SRT... pick up a used set bud... makes far more sense!

Reactions: Daniel Vargas

·
Premium Member
6,058 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts