Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1970 Challenger with a 2006 SRT8 Engine, 5 speed Tremec manual trans, AC, Nitto Drag Radials
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live in Northern Wisconsin and have driven Mopar Performance since first learning to drive in 1969. Seems there has almost always been a Chrysler product in our garage. When my newly married daughter sold me her 1970 318 Challenger it was time to start looking for a 6.1. It came along in 2011 as a take out from a 2006 300C SRT8 that had an under hood electrical fire from a poorly installed stereo system. Engine was fine with 43K miles on it, although all the wires and any plastic was burned off. I enjoy building things that fit, look good and perform well. 1 year later the 1970 Challenger had been 100% tore down, re-painted, re-assembled and back on the road again. For a transmission, the Tremec TKO 600 over drive manual is installed with a 3.54 rear end. big Hydra boost disc brakes, anti sway bars, AC, electric windows, electric locks and cruise control all came together for a nice road car. Car weighs 3250 pounds and is really a fun car to drive. It was all made possible because of a poorly wired after market stereo in that fateful 300C SRT8 and a very affordable 6.1 Hemi.
Now I am growing anxious for another project and the 300CForums.com is a wealth of information, inspiration and experience. I enjoy reading and learning, so keep up the great threads.

·
Registered
Cool-V '05 300c Blondie
216 Posts
Welcome Aboard!

Indeed, there's a wealth of info here, going back many years. If you're a 300 fan, this is the right place. It's not so busy as it once was, but there are a load of knowledgeable folk... it just may take a few days before they surf thru.

As you may already be aware, there are dates at the top of each post. It's a good idea to note the date before replying as members are often long gone. You're also able to click on an avatar and see when they were last here. In general, if a post is more than a few months old... you're better off posting a new thread.

You Challenger sounds like a jewel. Would enjoy seeing some pics if you'd care to post any. Is your next project going to be an SRT, or are you just looking to see what opportunities arise?

Happy Holiday

1 - 2 of 2 Posts