Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I hope someone here can help me out. I am based in London UK and own a 2006 srt8...and love it!!!! Unfortunately the UK is far from experienced when it comes to this car and so far nobody, not dealer nor independent mechanic has been able to help me sort this out.

A few months back my car started having vibration/shudders when accelleratin from a stop. Not even tire smoking hard acceleration, just a little harder to get away quickly. The whole car just vibrates aggressivly and barely moves forward. Instead you need to take the food of the gas and wait to go again.

Its driving me nuts pls help. Would the fuse 11 trick work maybe?
thanks
Julien

·
Registered
818 Posts
Hi and welcome to the forum from the north east,
There is a wealth of knowledge here in the uk on the forum but as you have found out the dealers are cowboys.

the fuse 11 trick may sort it,give it a try you have nothing to lose, however you problem may be due to a low oil level in the trans,

These trans have a known issue from new leaking oil from a seal it was a recall,
i would check for oil leaks, however it may have had the seal replaced and not had the level reset correctly,

I would suggest you get the level checked but it is not straightforeward cos there is no dipstick,

i'm sure one of our other members will be along soon with the info you need to check.

good luck, how long have you owned the car.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Boro al,

Thanks for your quick reply, much appreciated. I will give the fuse 11 thing shot and report back. You might also be right about the oil leak as accosionaly there is a little puddle on my garage floor.
I bought the car second hand in 2009. Had 19,000 miles on it...now 63,000 ;-( i travel a lot.
I would love for mine to last till next year as the new model is only released in UK in 2012....
what are your thoughts on the new model?

·
Registered
818 Posts
If you are dripping oil from the trans that is probably the cause of the problem, if so it may be worth trying to top up the trans gradually,
if it were my car i would get a litre of trans fluid in the squeezy bottles with the tube and try installing maybe 1/4 litre at a time and then give it a try,
I have never had the cap off the filler tube on my car but i think it need to be twisted before it will come off,
give it a go, if it does not work you can always suck it out .

·
Premium Member
4,252 Posts
Note that low fluid is one possibility.

But water also enters the trans through the filler hole grommet and is usually the cause of what you are experiencing.

EXTREME trans damage may occur if driven this way.

Complete removal of pan and torque converter is needed if any water is found.

·
Registered
818 Posts
Following on from Steve's suggestion of water contamination it would be worth giving it a dip,
Get a metre length of plastic covered curtain wire and give the trans a dip through the dipstick tube,
If the oil looks ok ie red or brown it will be ok to try a top up, if it is white or cream emulsified then you need to get it drained pretty quick.

·
Premium Member
4,252 Posts
There is a TSB on this I believe somewhere on here.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Been to garag but now what?

Hi all,

First of all thanks for your help, comments and replies. I been to the garage now and have got a load of error codes from the DIAG Report:
P0700
P0128
P0730
P0733
U0100
U0164
U110B

Also apparently my front wheels spinn faster than my rear wheels at a difference of between 10 and 25 rpm. According to the mechanic this could be due to the tyres I have on: 255/45/20 all around?

Has anyone got any more thoughts on this? Should I try and get the stock tyres back on or take it to another dealer / mechanic? The current mechanic also said they would have a look at the transmission and take it apart etc but that would costs about the same as the 4 new tyres (£1300)

Thanks guys
JC

·
Registered
818 Posts
The error codes you have are refering to incorrect 3rd gear ratio and loss of communication with the pcm, it may be you have a poor connection on the pcm or the pcm itself may be faulty,were the codes cleared or not?
It looks like this could be the cause of your judder if the gears are not selecting properly,but then again it could still be down to incorrect fluid level or contamination,
Did you get the fluid checked? This has to be the first priority in diagnosing the problem,

The difference in wheel rotation speed is immaterial and if your tyres are all the same it is down to different rates of tread wear,

With original size tyres of 245/45 front and 255/45 rear the front wheels will be spinning even faster at any given speed, so that is not an issue,

Bearing in mind your mechanics comments i would suggest you try a garage with the ability to decipher the fault codes and find the problem, and as mentioned above it has to start with checking the fluid.
good luck

1 - 9 of 9 Posts