Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings! I just bought a 2006 Chrysler Touring and it is a good running car, but the guy before me had trashed it.. I’m in the process of fixing her up now but I noticed yesterday that when I put it into drive in didn’t lock into gear even tho it did shift into Drive it wouldn’t move.. I turned the car off and turned it back on and then it was fine. It did it again today. So I got the problem codes and they are 0037 0038 and 0058. It says Heater Control Circuit High and heater control circuit low... the ground for the exhaust I noticed is not attached and is hanging down under the car so I figured that might be for those codes but would it have anything todo with the car not moving while in gear? Also the radio was not working so I changed the fuse and that seemed to fix the problem but the radio again today was off and I checked the fuse it had not blown but again the radio came back on.. I’m not too sure what to think.. any advice??

·
Registered
978 Posts
P0038, P0039 and P0058 are all HEGO errors. From your description it sounds like your 02 sensors are disconnected.

To diagnose your transmission issue, you're going to need an advanced scantool that can communicate with other modules like your TCM and BCM. A simple code reader can only read Powertrain codes.

You should check all your underhood grounds to make sure they're clean and tight. Also, have your battery load-tested.

·
Registered
2014 CRD
1,500 Posts
Welcome. Agree with Carl you need a scan tool that can read Chrysler specific codes for the transmission. What engine and transmission in your car? And what mileage

Early NAG 1 boxes suffered from an oil leak and our transmissions are sensitive to low fluid levels. If you're lucky that's all you might need. Alternatively it could be a conductor plate issue - again need the codes

1 - 3 of 3 Posts